VistaCNC P4S (/E) Pendant Installation according PDF

More
09 Jan 2023 00:22 - 09 Jan 2023 00:28 #261311 by tincho80
Hi VistaCNC-Pendant Users, dear community!

First off all, thank you very much dear community for sharing all your thoughts and experience here and let us newbees take part in this fantastic and fascinating adventure. Without your help and documentation, I'm sure many of us would be lost and would just give up setting up a LinuxCNC-Machine. I'm new to this and this is my first post.

Problem:
After installing the VistaCNC P4-SE Pendant according to the manufacturers installation procedure (downloadable PDF attached), I encountered several errors while starting the freshly edited machine configuration which started flawlessly before like follows:

In plain text:
./vc-p4s.hal:22: Pin 'halui.axis.x.plus' was already linked to signal 'jog-x-pos'

Basically it complains about pins which are referenced twice.

What I found out:
If I commented out (by using #-sign) all the lines (it complained about) in the vc-p4s.hal-file, the pendant didn't work properly! (many features missing and weird behaviour)
If I commented out (by using #-sign) the corresponding lines in the MyMachine.hal-file, the pendant did work flawlessly!

Question:
Did I solve it the wrong way? Is there an even better way?
It seems I am the only one, having that problem! Am I? Anybody having the same problem? Different solution?
What is your solution to that problem? What are the PRO's saying?

Cheers and many thanks in advance!
tincho80.

LINUXCNC - 2.8.4-23
Release Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia 64-bit
Kernel Linux 4.9.0-13-rt-amd64 x86_64
MATE 1.22.2
Intel® Core™ i7-3770S CPU @ 3.10GHz × 4 
Intel DQ77KB
MESA 7i76e +7i85s
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Jan 2023 00:28 by tincho80.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2023 03:21 #261324 by spumco
The search function on the forum isn't great, but have a look at the most recent discussion on the vista MPG's:

forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...ling-to-share#261003

Have a read through the thread and see if your questions are addressed - I suspect so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tincho80

More
09 Jan 2023 17:24 #261368 by tincho80

The search function on the forum isn't great, but have a look at the most recent discussion on the vista MPG's:

forum.linuxcnc.org/38-general-linuxcnc-q...ling-to-share#261003

thank you. that is exactly where I landed, but it didn't help to solve my problem. As far as I understand it is pretty much what I was trxing first.

More
09 Jan 2023 17:37 - 09 Jan 2023 17:39 #261369 by spumco
Yes, you were on the right track with your first post.  I was encouraging you to read the other thread as it might help you understand why you were on the right track.

All the halui signals in the vc4-ps.hal need to be commented out ("#") in your main hal file if there's a conflict.

So if you have something like 
net jog-x-plus halui.axis.x.plus in the main file AND the vc4-ps file, comment out the main file.

Last edit: 09 Jan 2023 17:39 by spumco.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tincho80

More
09 Jan 2023 17:44 #261370 by tincho80
now I see! Said the blind man..
thank you!

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds