Milestone reached, but "maxvel is too big"

More
10 Jan 2023 03:53 #261416 by Doug @ Design8Studio.com
I'm so pleased and excited to have reached a milestone with all motors spinning, all endstops working, and all axes homing! Estop works, and onscreen indication is that the Float Z's wiring is sound, and manual test of the Float Z switch is being detected.

Im so impressed with LinuxCNC, and the members of this forum. In my limited LinuxCNC experience so far, I am noticing that error message(s) are wonderfully descriptive, making it unusually easy to figure out what is wrong. Kudos to the amazing developers who are doing all this.

Speaking of error messages, the issue now in focus is "maxvel is too big" ...

While it's quite easy to tell what is wrong, my challenge is that I don't know how to fix it, because the skill of setting up step timings and scale is beyond my current knowledge and experience.

How I got here, is a I followed a tutorial post on the V1 Engineering forum by Kyle ( @kd2018 ) and in doing so I did some conversions of his values from inches to millimeters, because I tend to like to work in metric.

I'm in hopes that someone can point me toward a quick fix, as my long term goal of learning more about step timings etc is beyond the scope of current project.

Thanks again for being awesome!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2023 05:34 #261424 by rodw
These settings in your in file for each joint set these
DIRSETUP   = 2500
DIRHOLD    = 2500
STEPLEN    = 2500
STEPSPACE  = 2500

If they are too short, the stepper pulses may not be seen, if too long, they prevent hitting MAXVEL
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doug @ Design8Studio.com

More
10 Jan 2023 06:25 #261427 by Doug @ Design8Studio.com

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds