Stepper speed based on position

More
18 Nov 2023 18:40 #285848 by blazini36

Like I said, try feeding the motion adaptive feed with lincurve

Sorry... I have now idea how to do that... I think I will leave it this way, it's not that important. Thank you all for your good answers!

I can't imagine using LinuxCNC without learning how to use hal. Lincurve is a component:
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/lincurve.9.html

So is motion. Motion is where all of your axis and spindle stuff is controlled:
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/motion.9.html

You need to understand how pins and signals work. If you want more help post your hal file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Nov 2023 19:23 #285852 by Calysto
:-) I'm learning a lot about linuxcnc/hal/linux/mesa/steppers/servo's/spindles/metal/wood/etc, etc. But first things first... I didn't even make my first chips/dust.
It's all very very very interesting, but I have to make choices... :-)

More
18 Nov 2023 22:37 #285863 by tommylight
Lower the velocity, start using the machine, it is much better to have a really slow machine till you get used to it, then you can decide if you actually need more speed, and if you do, there is plenty of help here.
At first it all seems unreasonably complicated, but keep reading and doing, it all clicks after a while, and Blazini's advice will make a lot of sense when you get to know what HAL can do and how versatile it is, it opens a whole world of possibilities to make your machine (whatever machine) do exactly what you want it to do.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds