Versa Probe with Qtdragon does not zero correctly after probing

More
16 Apr 2024 15:27 - 16 Apr 2024 15:29 #298377 by andreabonuc
Ciao a tutti, mi scuso in anticipo perché non so se la sezione è adatta a questo problema, e perché sono italiano e non parlo molto bene l'inglese. Ho un mesa 7i96s con linuxcnc 2.9.2, ho aggiunto una sonda 3d e ho attivato il versaprobe dal file ini della mia configurazione. La procedura di tastatura funziona molto bene, si avvicina, tasta, torna indietro e tasta ancora perfettamente, ma a fine ciclo si posiziona e azzera uno zero pezzo completamente sbagliato. Non capisco il motivo, sicuramente sbaglio qualcosa, ho aggiunto il diametro della sonda. Another very strange thing is that if I do the probing again, the detected piece zero is always established at different points
Ho aggiunto una foto, il rosso dovrebbe essere corretto X0 Y0, il giallo è X0 Y0 rilevato a fine tastatura e il verde sono i punti di tastatura del ciclo
Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Apr 2024 15:29 by andreabonuc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2024 21:32 #298403 by cmorley
Ciao. La sezione QtVCP sarebbe la migliore, ma l'ho vista comunque qui.

Puoi mostrare un'immagine di tutte le impostazioni della sonda Versa nella scheda di sondaggio? Inoltre, quale pulsante di sondaggio hai premuto per avviare il processo?
Infine, come hai ottenuto LinuxCNC? Proveniva dai repository Debian ufficiali o da linuxcnc?

Chris

More
17 Apr 2024 07:30 #298413 by andreabonuc
Hi, thanks for the reply, given that I use Fanuc every day, I attach the screen and obviously press the icon in the top left corner. Another thing I noticed is that if I wanted to center myself in a round pocket, with versaprobe it doesn't let me write the theoretical diameter, with basicprobe it does. Despite this, in the round pocket (using automatic XY hole probing) I never get the same probing, it happens that the first probing for in others it goes into the wrong positions and goes into alarm. However, in no case is the origin X0 Y0 correct. Linuxcnc I downloaded it from here, I went from 2.8 to 2.9.2 after struggling a lot with latency until using isolcpus. One thing I had to do was readjust the .ini and .hal file from 2.8 to 2.9.2 because it was giving me problems and it didn't work with the automatic script. If you wanted you could attach my configuration files. Thank you
Attachments:

More
17 Apr 2024 13:40 - 17 Apr 2024 13:41 #298440 by andreabonuc
Last edit: 17 Apr 2024 13:41 by andreabonuc.

More
17 Apr 2024 22:46 #298506 by cmorley
In Versa when probing bores, from the docs in qtdragon:
linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/gui/qtdragon.html#_versa_probe

If measuring an inner circle, then EDGE LENGTH should be set to the approximate radius of the circle. Note: NOT the diameter.

In future versions I would like to add a 'diameter hint' entry like basicprobe has to make this easier.

I am away for work for a couple weeks so can not confirm behavior on an actual machine.
I just tested the sim configuration 'qtdragon_tool_probe', visually it looks like it goes to the right spot.

I am still wondering how you got linuxcnc. If using official Debian repository then the version is really prelease and will not get the bug fixes.

Please post your configuration files, if you can.

Chris

More
17 Apr 2024 23:40 - 17 Apr 2024 23:52 #298512 by andreabonuc
Ho utilizzato quello della pagina ufficiale, allego lo screen della pagina, e nel file .ini ho attivato versaprobe/basicprobe. Ieri ho provato ad installare da riga di comando come scritto nella guida qvcp ma il risultato è identico. Che tipo di file vuoi vedere? Se mi dici quali vuoi te li mando tutti. Avete visto anche voi il comportamento della centratura esterna su un pezzo rettangolare che, pur completando bene il ciclo, non si posiziona all'altezza corretta? 
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 Apr 2024 23:52 by andreabonuc.

More
17 Apr 2024 23:52 #298514 by andreabonuc
tomorrow I'll try versaprobe again by entering the radius quota in SIDE/EDGE LENGTH. Could you ask me what those odds under "results" and "adj offset" are for? Because in basicprobe if I don't give "clear" during probing it goes to strange places.

More
18 Apr 2024 21:06 #298576 by cmorley
In Versa, adjustments are added after probing, when auto zero is selected:
    def set_zero(self, s):
        if self.allow_auto_zero is True:
            c = "G10 L20 P0"
            if "X" in s:
                c += " X{}".format(self.data_adj_x)
            if "Y" in s:
                c += " Y{}".format(self.data_adj_y)
            if "Z" in s:
                c += " Z{}".format(self.data_adj_z)
            ACTION.CALL_MDI(c)
            ACTION.RELOAD_DISPLAY()
I guess it could be used to adjust for probe errors.

I haven't audited all the code, but in principle the status lines (of either screen) have no bearing on probing results.

Something seems very wrong, as other people are using the probe routines with success.
Lets start with you INI file please.

Chris

The following user(s) said Thank You: andreabonuc

More
18 Apr 2024 21:42 #298578 by andreabonuc
I attach 2 .ini files, the first "nuova.ini" is the one I made adapted to linux 2.9.2 days ago, the second "qtdragon_xyyz.ini" I made today on the base that I found in the folder, but spindle it is not working. Today a strange thing happened, as soon as I launched linuxcnc with the new ini file "qtdragon..." the probing worked fine, then I had to turn off the PC because I left, and when I returned and restarted linuxcnc the same problems are returned.
Attachments:

More
18 Apr 2024 21:50 - 18 Apr 2024 21:53 #298580 by andreabonuc
Last edit: 18 Apr 2024 21:53 by andreabonuc.

Time to create page: 0.097 seconds