Dinner plates, a warning

More
22 Sep 2020 02:19 #183230 by BeagleBrainz
When I was drinking around Canada in my late teens, the big joke was the usual French breakfast was a Can of Coke and a Mars Bar.
Coco Pops was a biggie for me for brekky. Nothing like crunchy chocolate milk to start the day off. After school it was a large glass filled with Coco Pops & Milk. So glad I spent a lot of time riding my push bike and at footy training.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2020 02:23 #183231 by Leon82
Replied by Leon82 on topic Dinner plates, a warning
For the longest time I thought a vegimite sandwich was australian slang for a punch to the face(kind of like knuckle sandwich). I only remember it from the song" down under"

More
22 Sep 2020 02:35 #183235 by BeagleBrainz
You haven't lived til you've had Vegemite sandwich made with freshly baked bread or on a fresh roll......Cos of the Vit B in it it's a great fix for migraines (works well for me) and hangovers (old enough to know not to drink now).

They tried to ban it at school canteens, tuck shops, cause of the salt content, them some bright spark pointed out that kids aren't sitting down with a jar and eating by the spoonful. I think there was talk of amending the Aussie Constitution to protect Vegemite. Considering it's made from basically the leftovers from making beer, Australia started off as a convict colony and they used to pay the NSW Corps in rum and they got known as The Rum Corps, it makes perfect sense. even our first and only military coup was known as The Rum Rebellion.
I just realised my country is basically historically abunch of drunks & convicts. And I couldn't be prouder.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds