Windows 10 Pro Laptop

More
30 Mar 2021 17:04 #204138 by BigJohnT
I need to get a Windblows 10 Pro Laptop for PLC programming and other fun stuff. My Dell is always wanting to do dumb stuff and has popup windows wanting to you do something so I'm not to fond of Dell right now. I do like the 17" screen and number keypad on the Del and the ability to turn off the horrible touch pad.

Anyone have a Lenvo? Are they any good?
www.amazon.com/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Graphics-F...indows/dp/B08WR823Y3

I also need it for turbotax which also won't run on Windblows 7

JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2021 20:19 #204144 by chris@cnc
Replied by chris@cnc on topic Windows 10 Pro Laptop
It seems that the new AMD generation is quite useful in laptops. But I remember that these AMDs get very hot, which is not good in Latop. Maybe someone can confirm the opposite. But at the moment I would prefer a used HP or Fujitsu business laptop . The Windblows license is in BIOS and a new SSD has become very cheap. The only drawback is the battery.

More
30 Mar 2021 21:32 #204152 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Windows 10 Pro Laptop
I do have still a Lenovo T420S, works perfectly well, got it used.
Had IBM's all my life, never had one fail on me except a battery that was programmed by the factory to stop charging after 14 months of use while still in perfect working order, X220, was on the news all over the net due to the above f....
Only T or X series, forget the other models.
Dell is much more colorfull, to the point that the last one i got and still have is a Latitude E6510, everything after that had issues. The poor thing is on it;s 4 battery and they do last long, 85W ones.
Lately got a Fujitsu, runs LinuxCNC and the machine perfectly.
Lenovo has a "carbon" series, should be really nice and thin and powerful, see if you can score a used one for reasonable money. The cheapest i can find here is 4 years old at 1100 Euro (1380$) used. :sick:

More
31 Mar 2021 11:40 #204205 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Windows 10 Pro Laptop
Just looking at the Lenovo carbon series and I see "AI & biometric security with one-touch login & bootup" which is not something I want at all. I just want to turn it on...

JT

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds