GUI Programmer Needed

More
08 Mar 2023 08:57 #266097 by blazini36
I've got this going on a freelancer site as well but anyone I work with from there would need some LinuxCNC hand holding so I post it here as well.

I have a machine vision system that runs on top of LinuxCNC. It has it's own UI originally written in Python2 and GTK2. For obvious reasons this is a dead platform so It needs to be moved to Python3 and I've designed a Qt GUI based off the old one. I don't write a lick of code that isn't in a hal file so that is where help is needed. All of the hal/linuxCNC stuff is sorted, this is mostly about getting the new UI running and interfacing with everything else. This project is heavily focused on Machine Vision but the first point of order is just getting the UI back up and functional commanding the machine and the configuration menus doing what they are supposed to, the vision stuff will be sorted later.

Reply here if interested in the gig.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Mar 2023 20:19 #267494 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic GUI Programmer Needed
Have you found anyone yet?

More
26 Mar 2023 20:59 #267557 by blazini36
Replied by blazini36 on topic GUI Programmer Needed
I've got someone working on it but I haven't seen anything substantial get done yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
29 Mar 2023 12:06 #267798 by JT
Replied by JT on topic GUI Programmer Needed
Sounds interesting, not sure how much time I can put into this but interested in looking at it.

JT

More
29 Mar 2023 22:02 - 29 Mar 2023 22:03 #267868 by blazini36
Replied by blazini36 on topic GUI Programmer Needed
JT, you can reach out to me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you wanna talk about it.
Last edit: 29 Mar 2023 22:03 by blazini36.

More
02 Apr 2023 18:52 #268096 by morgan
Replied by morgan on topic GUI Programmer Needed
Howdy, I've also sent you an email in case you're still looking for someone. I'm a python developer who recently left my job to pursue more CNC wood working and LInuxCNC/FreeCAD related work.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds