Lost"My Mill" after upgrade to 2.5

More
11 May 2012 17:50 #20016 by cwebs
I was running 2.5 Dev. and after the 2.5 release I changed the repository in Synaptic Package Manager and did the update from there to 2.5 finale. When I open Application/CNC/LinuxCNC, My "My-Mill" is not listed anymore nore is the my other "CarlsCNC" there either. I tried to make a launcher to " carl/emc2/configs/Carl's_CNC/Carl's_CNC.ini" I get a window saying there is no such file. Can anyone help me get this working again? Any idea why 2.5 didn't see My_Mill and Carl'sCNC that was already set up? Thanks, Carl

PS. Not many hairs left and my head hurtz/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2012 18:09 - 11 May 2012 18:12 #20017 by BigJohnT
Carl,

Keep your hairs in and rename the emc2 directory to linuxcnc and you should be fine.

BTW, is that a bluegill your holding?

John
Last edit: 11 May 2012 18:12 by BigJohnT.

More
11 May 2012 20:03 #20018 by cwebs
WOW, that was easy for a change. Thanks.
Now, how can I make a desktop shortcut to start the program. The old one is now broke.

Nope on the Bluegill, it's a Crappie. Maine is being taking over by them in the last couple years. Carl

More
11 May 2012 20:15 #20019 by BigJohnT
Right click on your desktop shortcut and change emc2 to linuxcnc and don't forget the space in between linuxcnc and the path to your configuration.

Do your best to eat them all! I love bluegill, red ear sunfish and crappie... like lays potato chips you can't eat just one. Have you ever used panko bread crumbs to cook them with?

John

More
11 May 2012 20:57 #20020 by cwebs
Replied by cwebs on topic Re:Lost
BigJohnT wrote:

Right click on your desktop shortcut and change emc2 to linuxcnc and don't forget the space in between linuxcnc and the path to your configuration.

Do your best to eat them all! I love bluegill, red ear sunfish and crappie... like lays potato chips you can't eat just one. Have you ever used panko bread crumbs to cook them with?

John

Got one desktop shortcut to work. "My Mill". However the other one, Carl's_CNC, broke a long time ago and never was able to make a new one work. Still can't. Says "no such file" . Oh well, at least I can get to it now. Thanks, Carl

I have a friend that can't get enough fishing in and we go Crappie fishing three of four times a week. Catch em by the hundreds some days. Had to get Golf clickers to keep count of them. We cook em in Ritz crackers most of the time.
Thanks again John.

More
11 May 2012 21:26 #20021 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Lost
Check the spelling of the path and the spelling of the ini file, usually that's the issue.

John

More
12 May 2012 10:46 #20028 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Re:Lost
Hi

Or even easier, keep everything as it was and create a symlink in your home directory to emc2 called linuxcnc

ln -s ~/emc2 ~/linuxcnc

which is what I did and every other link (of which I have many) just continues to work

regards

More
12 May 2012 13:37 #20031 by cwebs
Replied by cwebs on topic Re:Lost
Thanks John and ArcEye. I'll try both and see what blows up this time! Carl

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds