latency test question

More
15 Jan 2013 08:37 - 15 Jan 2013 11:24 #28710 by revo
Replied by revo on topic latency test question
update,

i plugged the computer on the machine, ran the serup wizard and put all the pin where they are supposed to be for my board, running gecko 201. ran my latency test for hrs and ended up at 6000 which seem to be good.

next setp was to test the axis and i get no movement from any of them, anyway i put all my limits and everything else on the wizard and the address of the parallel port is right.
when open linux cnc and get some movement on the X but not on the other axis and the movement is so small. mini step at the time, just to jog 10'' take forever even with the jog speed to the max.

my setup is xyza, the A is the same as the x. is there a way to slave the axis on linux cnc? its a huge 13 feet long x 4 feet cnc so the x has 2 motors.

i am having a hard time to get this going, weird because on mach3 the machine just purr...
Last edit: 15 Jan 2013 11:24 by revo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2013 17:15 #28713 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic latency test question
Glad your latency is sorted out

This is a completely different question(s), which no-one can help with because we don't have a clue what your configuration is.

Suggest you re-post under the Basic Configuration section, with copies of your .ini and .hal files

regards

More
11 Feb 2013 12:59 #29891 by revo
Replied by revo on topic latency test question
sorry for noob question but how do i post hal and ini files?

More
11 Feb 2013 17:32 #29897 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic latency test question

sorry for noob question but how do i post hal and ini files?

Easiest way is to copy the contents of /home/yourname/linuxcnc/configs/yourconfigname into a .zip file and attach to a post using 'Add File' at the bottom of the posting form.

my setup is xyza, the A is the same as the x. is there a way to slave the axis on linux cnc

See /usr/share/doc/linuxcnc/examples/sample-configs/gantry for example set up

Run man gantrykins in a terminal for info on how the module works

regards

More
11 Feb 2013 19:28 #29899 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic latency test question

my setup is xyza, the A is the same as the x. is there a way to slave the axis on linux cnc? its a huge 13 feet long x 4 feet cnc so the x has 2 motors.

If you do not need to home the slave axis separately,( do not have separate home/ limit switches on A and X) you can just slave them together in your hal file as X.
If this is the case lets us know as there are several ways to connect them and probably simpler than use gantry config.

Rick G

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds