Xenomai installation issue

More
26 Jan 2013 06:32 #29147 by TopherMan
Hi all,

I'm a 3D printer enthusiast who's interested in getting into more general CNC applications. Unfortunately my "messing around" computer died, and so I thought I'd try installing one of the new branches that supports Xenomai on my 64-bit 12.04 installation.

I've got Xenomai up and running, and following the directions at wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?NewRTInstall I am nearly functional. Unfortunately, one test fails at the "runtests" stage, and latency-test fails altogether. The test "halmodule.0" fails (the "result" file is empty), and latency-test gives the following error:

Warning: Spoiler!

I'm not quite well-versed enough in this to know where to go next. Anyone have some tips?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2013 15:25 #29157 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Xenomai installation issue
Hi

You need to go onto the developers list, all the discussion regards this is there.

lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/emc-developers

Until this is mainstream, after the next release probably, there can't really be any support here, very few people are playing with it and there is no guarantee which bits of it will make it through to a stable release.

regards

More
26 Jan 2013 23:39 #29161 by cncbasher
check your dependancys , it look like your missing some
or version mismatches somewhere

More
27 Jan 2013 01:30 #29166 by TopherMan
Think I found the issue. My dependencies all checked out fine, but it looks like the issue is due to the kernel being compiled without the --enable-dlopen-skins option. Instead of compiling the kernel myself I used the repo listed here wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?XenomaiKernel, so I suspect that kernel was compiled without the proper option.

Regardless, I'll take this over to the dev mailing list. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.373 seconds