Change version

More
05 Feb 2013 00:07 #29574 by LAIR82
Change version was created by LAIR82
Good Morning,

This might be a crazy question but, When I'm in a terminal, as long as I'm in the right directory, I should be able to do a "git checkout v2.6.0" and it should go to the 2.6.0 version correct?

I setup a simulator PC in my office to check stuff out and start writing the files for my next build and I had up the GSCREEN interface using 2.6.0, I unhooked the PC and moved it to the other office and when I try to start up linux again it keeps trying to start 2.5.1 now, and the only thing I did was move the PC. The only thing different is I dont have it connected to the internet now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2013 01:09 #29580 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Change version
Well there is no version 2.6 anything and if you use git checkout master you might get what you want. And yes that works from any subdirectory in the git directory.

John

More
05 Feb 2013 01:38 #29585 by LAIR82
Replied by LAIR82 on topic Change version
Sorry John,

I meant 2.6.0~pre, I just know that when I was starting linux from the terminal last week, it was starting up as 2.6.0~pre, now it is starting up as 2.5.1, and under the sample configs gscreen dosen't show up in the sim folder unless it is starting under 2.6.0.

I didn't do anything since then, but I don't know if anyone was using the computer I have this set up on over the weekend, since the shop is working full production on saturdays, and I wasn't here.

More
05 Feb 2013 02:18 #29591 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Change version
To use a RIP you have to run the rip-environment script from the terminal otherwise you get the installed version of LinuxCNC.

For example:
cd /home/comptuer-name/emc-dev
. ./scripts/rip-environment

As long as that terminal is open from that terminal you will get master. As soon as you close it or open a new one it no longer works as expected and you get the installed version.

John

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds