Can't get Latency test to run or linuxcnc....

More
26 Sep 2013 03:46 #39193 by davidj425
I successfully got Ubuntu with linuxcnc 2.5 running on a spare pc... But when I click on "Latency Test" nothing happens and when I try to open linuxcnc 2.5 you can see the little "Linux 2.5" box come up like it's about to load but then shows another box with "linuxcnc errors". Tried to copy and paste the errors to a flash drive so I could show you guys the error message but Ubuntu doesn't seem to work like windows and I'm clueless. Won't do anything when I right click.. Can't seem to drag and drop either.. How do I even do that?....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2013 04:10 #39196 by BigJohnT
How did you install LinuxCNC?

Most errors are sent to stderr and show up when you do a dmesg. To save the output from dmesg follow the instructions in the link to clear dmesg and then try and run the Axis Sim by selecting LinuxCNC from the CNC menu and drilling down the sample configurations to Sim and Axis. Then follow the instructions to send the output from dmesg to a text file you can copy that and attach it to a message. Don't paste the file unless you use code tags.

JT

More
26 Sep 2013 17:58 #39214 by andypugh

Won't do anything when I right click.. Can't seem to drag and drop either.. How do I even do that?....

I would expect Ctrl-A (select all) then Ctrl-C (Copy) to work.

To get more debugging information, start LinuxCNC from a terminal window (Either under accessories, or Ctl-Alt-T) then type
linuxcnc
. You will probably get a clue in the terminal window what the problem is, but if not then type "dmesg" and see if there is anything instructive in the last dozen or so lines of the output.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds