2.5.3 is asking me to log in from a Live CD boot

More
21 Jan 2014 09:14 #43047 by mwe
Whats up with this? I get to a ubuntu log in box and no further. Is there magic words?
Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2014 00:59 #43054 by ArcEye
Hi

I have just tried it and it does not happen to me

I don't very often boot from CD, but have never seen that before

Check that this is the iso you downloaded
www.linuxcnc.org/iso/ubuntu-10.04-linuxcnc3-i386.iso

It is an extremely annoying Live CD, because it spends minutes loading everything, before even asking if you want to install or run from CD, but that is a Ubuntu thing.

regards

More
25 Jan 2014 09:13 #43144 by mwe
That is the iso I got off the download page a few days ago. Strangely it does not go to a log in screen when I boot off the CD on this Windows notebook. But is does on the desk top that I was testing, or trying to. That one has Zenwalk Linux installed on it. Zenwalk boots fast off the HDD and live CD (hint, hint). I wonder if having Linux on the HDD makes a difference, it shouldn't but??? I can test it easy enough, that box has a 2nd HDD in it that has XP. When I get a few minutes I will go to the shop and try that. :unsure:

More
25 Jan 2014 16:36 #43151 by ArcEye
I think the difference might be the Zenwalk Linux

I had never heard of it and the little I read seems to suggest it is supposed to be 'a complete OS'. I not sure what that means regards how they implement bootloading etc.

I have installed from the Live CD countless times on machines with multiple Linux partitions and run the Live CD, never seen a log in screen

regards

Time to create page: 0.113 seconds