password unrecognized

More
15 May 2015 08:25 #58710 by tcoleman978
I did an install of the Debian wheeze/linuxcnc 2.6 from the iso download. As I have no Internet it was the easiest way to upgrade. I installed from the "install graphic" menu selection and the format cleaned the SS drive. I entered a password when asked and was asked in only one place. On reboot it asks for a password and will not recognize anything I have tried as a valid password. Is there a secret handshake I have to use ? It also gives me a choice of a default session and some other type of session. I also have worked with Linux a whole 3 days now. What am I missing gentlemen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2015 13:05 - 15 May 2015 16:48 #58711 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic password unrecognized
Hi

This post covers most things, if you actually need to reset the password,
EDIT (link missed out)
www.linuxcnc.org/index.php/english/forum...rrect-password#52203

The dialog does not ask you for your password, it asks for your log in, which is your user name and THEN your password.

This causes confusion with people used to a single user system set up as windoze can be.

The session determines which window manager to use. Just use the default until you find your way around.

regards
Last edit: 15 May 2015 16:48 by ArcEye.

More
15 May 2015 19:02 #58731 by tcoleman978
Replied by tcoleman978 on topic password unrecognized
Yup, thats it. What confused me was the response of unrecognized password as opposed unrecognized user. Sooo.... I thought it wanted a password as there was only one user. Thanx now to dive inhead first.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds