Upgrading Linuxcnc

More
11 Jan 2020 12:32 - 11 Jan 2020 22:47 #154604 by aparecido
Upgrading Linuxcnc was created by aparecido
Using Rufus and putting an iso on Linux Mint 19.1, there is no flash drive, but the error is started, try with iso 19.3 and also the same error.
One version for my processor is correct 32 bit, try another USB stick and the same happens.
Download here LinuxCNC Uspace 2.7.0 Debian 9 Stretch R13 from the site which is also the same error.
Does anyone know how to solve?
The previous Debian 7 Wheezy version of the error when I upgrade, no longer recognizes the repositories.
 If I install linuxmint 17.3 and have it updated, it gives the same error as above.
Thanks.

Updating>>>>
I recorded the "linuxcnc-stretch-uspace-i386-r13.iso" iso on a dvd, was able to install it on the hard drive, but when it boots up and apparently will open the graphical interface, the screen goes black and no longer comes out of it.
Last edit: 11 Jan 2020 22:47 by aparecido.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2020 09:10 #154744 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Upgrading Linuxcnc
What PC?
It seems like it is to old to start from USB or it does not have USB boot enabled in the BIOS.

More
15 Jan 2020 00:22 #154863 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Upgrading Linuxcnc

I recorded the "linuxcnc-stretch-uspace-i386-r13.iso" iso on a dvd, was able to install it on the hard drive, but when it boots up and apparently will open the graphical interface, the screen goes black and no longer comes out of it.

Will it drop down to a command line interface? Perhaps it is defaulting to a video mode that your hardware can't actually handle.

Ctrl - Alt - F1 might give you a command prompt. If it does then Linux has booted, and the problem is just graphics.

(Google might be able to help then, with how to force graphics modes)

More
15 Jan 2020 14:56 #154923 by bevins
Replied by bevins on topic Upgrading Linuxcnc
I had the exact same issue with L Mint 19.1.

You can get to a prompt with ctrl-Fx. Instead of trying to figure out what went wrong, I installed L Mint 18.3 and it went fine.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds