2.8.2 preemtp-rt install - network hang on dhcpv6

More
01 Aug 2021 18:55 #216643 by blitz355
Hello,
I found a handful of other topics on a similar problem but none had great resolutions. I'm writing the official disk image from the downloads page to a usb via both win32 disk and balenaEtcher (tried both with same behavior). During the install portion for network setup I get to the part 'attempting to setup dhcpv6 ....' then the page goes blank and am no longer able to proceed during the installation

I am hooked up via ethernet, a known good connection, and even attempted to do install with a usb wireless dongle to no avail. As a last ditch I tried installing to disk on a different computer altogether and the same error occured. This leads me to believe it is my network, or the disk image itself. Seeing as I'm typing from my windows machine via a wired connection I don't see how it could be my network.

Any suggestions on working this out? I am able to skip the network attempt in the installer and can get the install to finish but that means I have absolutely zero repositories to update/install items from of which I'm not totally comfortable adding them manually (or which ones to add).

Thank you for any help in advance if you're able to assist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2021 18:21 #216725 by tommylight
Skip the IPV6 if at all possible.

More
02 Aug 2021 21:20 #216750 by blitz355
Its part of install, not sure i can do that. Based on your response dhcp6 amd ipv6 are related

More
03 Aug 2021 12:57 #216812 by andypugh
Can you temporarily disable ipv6 dhcp on your local network?

More
16 Jan 2022 02:25 #231982 by oliver_savage
I also ran into this issue, even though dhcpv6 is disabled on my router. The workaround I used was to skip the network setup and finish the install. I assigned a manual ip address. You may have to do this on both the computer, and router, but probably just one.
wiki.debian.org/NetworkConfiguration

As a side note, my router had assigned an IP to the computer at some point, and the mac address matched. I just set my machine to the same ip, and was good to go. Then you can set it back to dhcp and even turn ipv6 off if needed. www.faqforge.com/linux/how-to-disable-ipv6-on-debian-10/

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds