burning EMC custom ISO problems.

More
05 Oct 2010 01:28 #4518 by DJSprocket
hello ive tried downloading the 10.4 custom iso the 8.6 and the 6.4 custom iso and tried burning them all. on windows 7. each time i get a error and can not run the cd. its error ox80004005 or something like that. each time i try burning the cd starts to run then it comes up with error reading from cd. i would install from usb but the motherboard im trying to install to will not allow it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• beebot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
03 Dec 2010 09:19 #5833 by beebot
Replied by beebot on topic Re:burning EMC custom ISO problems.
Can you get any Live CD from any other source ? Or internet cafe or Public library ? One Live CD can be used to burn an ISO Image.
It would be the easiest way to burn an ISO I know of.

More
10 Mar 2011 17:05 #7691 by kilop
hello

I got the same problem i downloaded 10.4 iso several times from general download link and from mirror when i try to burnt it i got error or if i burn it it hangs when start loading on boot :(

so i tried to download it again on better "network" at my work and again iso from general link and from mirror and got the same problem as above :(

now i downloaded 8.04 and it burns without any problems and it can boot and it's working .

Has any one any idea whats wrong with new iso ?

More
10 Mar 2011 17:33 #7694 by BigJohnT
Nothing is wrong with 10.04 many many have downloaded and installed it including me. If you have a flaky connection I suggest you look in the getting started guide for ways to download when your connection gets interrupted.

John

More
11 Mar 2011 05:27 - 11 Mar 2011 05:31 #7718 by kilop
no my net connections are good i wrote that i downloaded at the same time iso 8.04 and it burns right and working
at home i got 10Mbit connection and at work i got 10 times more so there is no connection problem :( and all md5sums are correct after downloading so it is for me little strange . yesterday i tryied to burn next 2 cd and all goes to trash again :(
Last edit: 11 Mar 2011 05:31 by kilop.

More
11 Mar 2011 10:38 #7719 by Rick G
Others have reported that they can load and run 8.04 with no problems and the same machine will not run 10.04
Some have reported that 10.04 is faster or slower on the same computer as 8.04
There is a difference, if you search the forum you may find some ideas to research.
It seems older hardware may work better with 8.04 for now.

Rick G

More
11 Mar 2011 11:55 #7725 by andypugh
Is the problem that the downloaded image will not burn to a CD, or that the burned CD will not boot the machine?

If you have 8.4 running then I would be tempted to try downloading and burning the CD with the Ubuntu tools. (Not that I have any idea what they are called)

More
14 Mar 2011 06:44 #7807 by kilop
When i got this CD problems i decided to use iso file and uniwersal linux instaler from pendrive linux page i used crasp file to have all my data storaged on USB when i make any change and now i boot ubuntu 10.4 from the same iso file via my USB port in Dell gx270 . For now all is working so today i will make fresh instalation on HD from that USB .
I think this way is the best for those who got problems with burning iso of new 10.4 linux cnc.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds