Stumped on Install

More
16 Apr 2023 01:39 - 16 Apr 2023 01:41 #269178 by cere19
Stumped on Install was created by cere19
So I have a Kamrui Mini PC AK1 from something else that I was going to use on my plasma table build.  I downloaded the debian iso file and loaded it on a thumb drive to load onto the Mini, but when I start the computer I've never been able to get to the bios screen or else the screen when trying to load Linux onto the computer.  It seems like the HDMI ports don't put out a signal until it get's to the windows load and then the driver must load??  Any thoughts??  I believe this mini computer will be plenty good to run LinuxCNC for a home built plasma table.

Here's a link to the mini computer that I am trying to load Debian on
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09G6H64WM/ref...n_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Last edit: 16 Apr 2023 01:41 by cere19. Reason: added description of web link to the computer I'm having issues with

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2023 04:41 #269190 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Stumped on Install
At a guess the Buster ISO from Linuxcnc is too old to support the hardware you have.
I suggest you use Debian Bookworm and follow my instructions here 
docs.google.com/document/d/1jeV_4VKzVmOI...diY/edit?usp=sharing

More
17 Apr 2023 01:54 #269257 by cere19
Replied by cere19 on topic Stumped on Install
Thanks, it went thru fine this morning. No clue why I couldn't get into boot before but it worked this time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
17 Apr 2023 07:58 #269283 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Stumped on Install

Thanks, it went thru fine this morning. No clue why I couldn't get into boot before but it worked this time.

I think that would be because UEFI support is now seamlessly supported in the later kernels.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds