error starting sim

More
29 Apr 2011 04:11 #9493 by cruzinone
error starting sim was created by cruzinone
Hello, I have 2 notebooks that I have tried to run emc2 on and both get the same error when trying to start emc2. I just did a fresh install of ubuntu 10.04 LTS. These notebooks are not the router tables pc's just notebooks I wanted to have emc2 on so I could work on projects before I put them on the router tables computer to work.
After the install I get this big long page "EMC2 terminated with an error. It tells me when reporting to include all the information below. But it would take a day to type and I can not find a way to copy/paste it.
I will include a line where I think it starts to fail and maybe someone can point me in a direction.
down in the first paragraph after trying to load the real time os, rtapi and hal lib modules the next line says "realtime system did not load" then goes into shutting down.
Are there more I should add? Any help will be appreciated. the computer is a thinkpad t42 p3 1.7ghz with 3 gb ram and 150 hdd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2011 08:16 #9495 by Rick G
Replied by Rick G on topic Re:error starting sim
Hello,

You probably want to try the simulator only version in the case of the thinkpad take a look here ...
wiki.linuxcnc.org/emcinfo.pl?Installing_EMC2

Rick G

More
29 Apr 2011 12:56 #9500 by cruzinone
Replied by cruzinone on topic Re:error starting sim
Rick I thank you for the information and suggestion. I did what you suggested. I now have it running on one of the notebooks. I only need the sim as it will not be hooked up to the machine anyway. Thanks again.

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds