old printer gear

More
23 May 2022 07:18 #243600 by frede7
old printer gear was created by frede7
Hi everybody, I've recently built myself a 2nd printer and purchased a 3rd and am finding myself with a surplus of steppers and electronics from my original printer (acrylic i3)While I can think of heaps of things to print, I can't for the life of me think of anything to reuse 3d printer hardware for other than possibly making a laser cutter/etcher. Which is impractical currently. I suppose eBay is an option. So what do you all do with hardware that's still fine, but you don't currently have a use for?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2022 14:25 #243614 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic old printer gear
I have a full shop of ... well a lot of stuff.
It starts with a "future" project, i collect stuff that i might need, if lucky, it gets done somewhere in the future.
If not lucky, i give away everything that i have not needed or had time to deal with after roughly 3 to 6 months, if i think that whoever i am giving it to might do something with it. Sometimes i have to pay transport to give away stuff, but i gladly do it.
-On that note, 2 years ago i gave a full cnc controller to a young guy (he is 23, acts 11), 7A drives, 4 axis, in a box, just wire motors and plug the power. He sent it somewhere to be checked and never took it back. That was 600 Euro!
-
Still, i give away a lot of stuff, so if you are ever in Kosovo, let me know.

More
23 May 2022 23:42 #243655 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic old printer gear

So what do you all do with hardware that's still fine, but you don't currently have a use for?

I pile it up in the spare bedroom :-)

I can't really advocate that approach. 

The following user(s) said Thank You: anfänger

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds