Pancake Stepper Motor? Or go Bowden setup?

More
21 Mar 2024 10:30 #296451 by nihaoder32
I bought this pancake motor for my E3D Aero/Titan setup...

www.oyostepper.com/goods-31-Nema-17-Step...42x20mm-4-Wires.html
www.oyostepper.com/goods-993-Nema-17-Hig...on-Class-H-180C.html

I will have to search the FolgerTech Facebook group for settings and voltage since this was a model many suggested.

But i see some have opted to go back to a stepper motor, citing higher voltages with the pancake. One user reported it friend his board. Eeek!

And part of me thinks the Bowden setup works so well for Ultimaker's and the Creality CR-10 why not do so here?

Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2024 11:09 - 21 Mar 2024 11:14 #296457 by cornholio
Both models appear to be short steppers. Stop following fads, the internet has a lot of wrong information.

How does this relate specially to Linuxcnc ?

Generally this forum relates to installation, setup, use, configuration and building of Linuxcnc.
Whilst there is a section on additive manufacturing that mostly relates to the use of Linuxcnc with 3D printers. I don’t think it really relates to hardware for use with particular printers.
Maybe a forum more directly related to you issue would be beneficial.
Last edit: 21 Mar 2024 11:14 by cornholio.

More
21 Mar 2024 11:13 #296458 by meister
i using a pancacke in my 'ender 3' with afterburner extruder,
works, but i think only with gear's

More
21 Mar 2024 13:04 #296465 by tommylight
Moved to "additive manufacturing".
-
Each setup has it's good and bad sides, ideally a bowden of 15-25cm long would be best of both worlds, but mostly not feasible except on Voron 0.
Search for 247 printing on youtube he has some very good tests and solutions to "banding" in 3D printing.
And you do not need pancake motors, only if you are trying to break speed records. I have Voron 2.4 with a Nema 17x34 motor, does 200mm/s easily without noticeable vibrations.
As for "pancake motor fried my board", blame creality, they are the first to use stepper motors with messed up wiring where the two windings are on both sides of the connector, normally the windings are separates each on one side of the connector, this will always blow the drives due to cross wiring the windings.

Time to create page: 0.103 seconds