BeagleBone hardware interfaces

More
03 Jun 2013 02:32 #35155 by BigJohnT
What happens is an administrator has to notice that an image is pending approval. It is a bit confusing to us as it says 3 Images(s) when none are there so when it says 4 Images(s) there is 1... the forum software is what it is.

JT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2013 23:30 #35789 by Mike_Eitel
Hi

Seeing the film and reading that there is a loadable image, that motivated me to order a BBB.

Is I want to connect it to existing stepper HW, I wonder about the hal interface.

Is there a small doc on that image?

Mike

More
19 Jun 2013 03:41 #35792 by cncdreamer
Mike:

Check out the new blog Charles started about the time I posted the link to his video.

bb-lcnc.blogspot.com

Note: IMHO this work is still somewhat experimental. There are low-level software kinks to be ironed out. More hardware interfaces need to be devised. One or more folks need to develop LinuxCNC user interfaces which are more appropriate to fused filament deposition machines (aka 3D printers).

I'm not trying to discourage anyone; I'm just trying to make sure users don't mistakenly jump into the deep end of the pool unless they mean to.

Regards,

Kent

More
21 Jun 2013 21:56 #35885 by Mike_Eitel
Hi Kent

Got my BBB today
Looks to be a nice little beast.
Don't need but like to have it.. So no hurry.
Even have no mecanics, just BBB, stepper motors and old drivers.
Just another little project.......

Nevertheless I'll try in the next weeks to geht the motors turning.
So will follow the threads with high curriosity, glancing at 3D printers since several month.

Mike

More
23 Jun 2013 15:57 #35942 by Mike_Eitel
Hi Kent

One question after quite some reading BBB docs:

The adapted stepgen, does it need the bebopr cape (EPROM readout) or can I usw the pure I/O rails?

Mike

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds