Viewing BBB on a vga monitor

More
25 Oct 2013 02:32 #40264 by alanb
Hi,
I bought a uhdmi to vga converter , plugged it into my BBB and connected my acer monitor (flat-screen but just vga input). The monitor did not even recognise it was receiving a signal. Is anyone else using a vga display successfully and can recommend a suitable uhdmi to vga converter. Or is it a case of buying a new monitor with hdmi input?

Alan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2013 03:14 #40266 by ggpwnkthx
To my knowledge, the PowerVR doesn't output any analog signal. So unless your device actively converts the digital output from the HDMI port to analog RGB, I think you'll have to get a new monitor.

I could be wrong though, because I remember CircuitCo offering a HDMI to VGA adapter that they advertised as working with the BBB.

More
25 Oct 2013 13:21 #40277 by cncbasher
Alan .,
yes i have had the same problem your describing , i feel to remember it's down to some pin in the hdmi lead or connector not being connected or returned to earth ,
i have not looked further , but if you google it , you'll find it .

More
25 Oct 2013 22:09 #40287 by Mike_Eitel
Hi

Was not successful neither, also converter works fine with nexus10

Mike

More
09 Feb 2014 22:59 #43664 by bjames28
Hi All,

I use this HDMI to VGA adapter . It works with BBB.

More
10 Feb 2014 21:31 #43700 by tomws
Replied by tomws on topic Viewing BBB on a vga monitor

Hi,
I bought a uhdmi to vga converter , plugged it into my BBB and connected my acer monitor (flat-screen but just vga input). The monitor did not even recognise it was receiving a signal. Is anyone else using a vga display successfully and can recommend a suitable uhdmi to vga converter. Or is it a case of buying a new monitor with hdmi input?

Alan

I use a uHDMI to DVI cable, which is a straightforward conversion and works well. If your monitor does not include DVI input, it might actually be less expensive getting a used monitor that supports DVI on eBay than messing with HDMI to VGA conversion. I picked one up with free shipping for ~$40USD.

Tom

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds