Can LinuxCNC run on ARM platform(BBB)

More
23 Sep 2019 00:38 #145899 by shameless
Hello,everyone!
First,I want to make sure that if LinuxCNC can run on ARM platform.
I have successfully transplanted Linux kernel (version:3.8.13) and xenomai (version:2.6.3) ,and tested the performance of xenomai(latency).It's really good.
But the latency-test in LinuxCNC is very terrible and shows" Using POSIX non-realtime". When installing linuxcnc, configure in the debian directory will also show "your kernel xenomai is not known". what‘s wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Sep 2019 06:52 #145919 by pl7i92
the interpreter only reacts on RT access so standard kernals wont work

More
23 Sep 2019 06:56 #145921 by tommylight
>For BBB you should use Machinekit, there should be ready made images for that probably.

More
24 Sep 2019 07:24 #146045 by shameless
I used the .img file,and burned it to SD card.But BBB won't start successfully.Is there anything that I should do.
By the way,does machinekit have the documention similar to LinuxCNC?

More
25 Sep 2019 23:42 #146205 by andypugh

I have successfully transplanted Linux kernel (version:3.8.13) and xenomai (version:2.6.3) ,and tested the performance of xenomai(latency).It's really good.
But the latency-test in LinuxCNC is very terrible and shows" Using POSIX non-realtime". When installing linuxcnc, configure in the debian directory will also show "your kernel xenomai is not known". what‘s wrong?

Note: I haven't done this for a long time.

But I think that LinuxCNC should work with Xenomai. It isn't the Debian configuration stage, but the LinuxCNC configuration stage.

./configure --with-realtime=path-to-xemonai

There are many instances of the word "xenomai" in the configure script: github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/master/src/configure.ac

More
27 Sep 2019 02:04 #146312 by shameless
Yes,I hope that LinuxCNC work with Xenomai.You think that LinuxCNC embed with xenomai can run on BBB,don't you?
When I run on X86 platform,I configure in Debian directory(./configure uspace),it will show "successfully configured for 'uspace'-'uspace+xenomai".But it won't show "xenomai" on ARM platform.
In your opinion,I should configure in src directory directly.And "path-to-xenomai" is that the path where I install the xenomai.Which I understand should be okey?
Anyway,thank you!

More
27 Sep 2019 14:50 #146400 by andypugh
I don't really know anything about the LinuxCNC / xenomai / Beaglebone combination.
But I think by searching the configure file foe the word "xenomai" you should be able to work out what the script is looking for, and where it is looking.

One hint I will offer, is to check through the generated file (config.h ? I think? (I am not at a LinuxCNC machine at the moment) and check that the kernel version string is properly " delimited.

Time to create page: 0.359 seconds