tool change

More
12 Nov 2015 19:36 - 12 Nov 2015 19:37 #65182 by LearningLinuxCNC
Replied by LearningLinuxCNC on topic tool change
Have you changed things in your config since you last posted it?

If so post it again and I will take another look.

What exactly is it doing when you try to use the auto tool measurement? What is not working?
Last edit: 12 Nov 2015 19:37 by LearningLinuxCNC. Reason: Added another question.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2015 04:20 #65195 by thor44
Replied by thor44 on topic tool change
my understanding is that when a tool change is given in the g code file the machine moves to a specified location the tool is changed manually and then the machine automatically does a tool touch off for the tool height and then returns to the g code file to finish the job.
When the tool change comes up the message appears and when you click continue the machine continues, no movement to the specified location and no touch off.

Here is the newest config files.

File Attachment:

File Name: my-mill-2.zip
File Size:237 KB

Thanks
Attachments:

More
13 Nov 2015 13:30 #65201 by LearningLinuxCNC
Looks like you have almost everything correct.

You have a # in front of the line
REMAP=M6  modalgroup=6 prolog=change_prolog ngc=change epilog=change_epilog

Remove the # to uncomment the line

Also you still have the value of MAXPROBE being a positive value. If positive is up on your Z axis then you want the value of MAXPROBE to be a negative value so that it moves down when probing.

There are also some leading spaces on some of the lines in your INI file. I don't think this will cause and issue but you might remove them to make it more consistent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: newbynobi, thor44

More
13 Nov 2015 13:43 #65202 by LearningLinuxCNC
Another thing that I noticed is that you have

FEATURES =30

followed by

FEATURES = 12

You can remove the FEATURES = 12 since the previous statement already covers that.

More
13 Nov 2015 14:45 #65203 by thor44
Replied by thor44 on topic tool change
now the machine moves to the tool change position and the message appears on the screen to change the tool and click "ok" so far so good but when I click ok a new error message appears that a probe move will exceed the z axis negative limit.

Where is the probe file? What probe file is it using?

Attachments:

More
13 Nov 2015 14:58 #65204 by LearningLinuxCNC
The way the tool measurement routine works is that it moves to the "CHANGE POSITION" you do the tool change. Then it moves to the "TOOLSENSOR" X and Y position then the "TOOLSENSOR" Z position. After that it begins a probing move in the Z axis with a maximum probing distance of "MAXPROBE"

It sounds like you need to tweak your "MAXPROBE" value to make the probe routine work.

All of these specific moves can be found in the change.ngc file in the macros folder.

More
13 Nov 2015 15:40 #65205 by LearningLinuxCNC
Looking at the AXIS_2 section in your INI file. I see that your 0 position is in the middle of the axis. The min limit is -3.9 and the max limit is 3.

Your TOOLCHANGE position is at -3 so I assume the the -3 position is near the top of the Z axis travel. I told you earlier to make the MAXPROBE value negative but it appears that you have positive Z travel in the downward direction. This is rather unconventional and may cause issues down the road.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds