Gmoccapy without mouse and keyboard

More
07 Jun 2019 07:10 #136177 by vmihalca
Hi guys,

I would like to not include a keyboard in my cnc controller, but I would like to know if there are others that have done this or if there are any known limitations on why this would not be possible.
At this point I have a problem on displaying the on screen keyboard...It did at some point (with very small fonts )now its not showing at all.
Also I don't know how to double click a folder to open it or how can I navigate through the filesystem to select program file.

Please advice! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2019 09:49 #136186 by pl7i92
There is a Arrow on the File dialog to change Folder
It is best to Put the files by hetwork to a folder that linuxcnc opens in first place (Wlan from host)

you may delete the onscreen keyboard and make a frech install to set everything back

More
07 Jun 2019 16:30 #136214 by RotarySMP
I set up my Maho control panel like that,

...but find opening a file doesn't work. Also the on screen keyboard is too small. It is possible to resize the key letters and thus the keys, but I haven't found it yet. The plan was to only use the Logitech bluetooth keyboard with integrated scratch pad for the initial HAL/INI set up phase, but I find I need it to transfer files from a usb thumb drive, and then to open them in Gmoccapy.
Mark

More
07 Jun 2019 16:39 #136218 by pl7i92
why dont you connect the PC or controller from the mashine with a real pc and as long you are upsetting things edit from there the files on the mashine you need to change

More
07 Jun 2019 16:43 #136222 by RotarySMP
I tend to design on my laptop, create tool paths and then transfer them with a USB stick. I see no real benefit in having a CNC connected to the internet.

More
07 Jun 2019 17:00 #136233 by pl7i92
i fully agree No WWW to the mashine
You said you are setting up the system not a working configuration NOW
so untill the main things you want it is better to get a keyboard connected

WHAT Virtual keyboard did you install there 2 or more available

More
07 Jun 2019 20:00 #136248 by cmorley
What version of linuxcnc are you using and what linux distribution are you using?
If Gmoccapy's file navigation doesn't work thats a bug we should fix.

On screen keyboards are customizable but I think the process is laborious (It's been a while since I looked it up) and depends on what keyboard program you are using.

Chris M

More
07 Jun 2019 20:08 #136249 by rodw
I have to say that even with a 22" touch screen mounted on the machine, the onscreen keyboard with Gmocappy is not very convenient. A cheap wireless keyboard and mouse combination is very useful. Often its stored away until required. Also adding a wireless network dongle is very convenient. I don't have a server on the network. I find I upload DXF files designed on other machines to Google Drive and pull them down using Chrome on the machine and then use Sheetcam to nest them and output the .ngc files to the default Linuxcnc folder. I am planning to make a small standalone bench for the keyboard and mouse

More
09 Jun 2019 08:07 #136352 by RotarySMP
I have Matchbox installed as my on screen keyboard. It doesn't seen like a gmoccapy issue. I can open the file system and navigate to files, it is just the double click to open a file which doesn't seen to work. I made a short video to show it.

The double click doesn't work reliably, also outside of Gmoccapy. I guess there is probably a setting somewhere in the Linux Gui for that.

I also use a usb cellular stick modem when I do need the Maho connected to the internet.
Mark

More
09 Jun 2019 08:53 #136358 by pl7i92
you may tune the system to
LONG touch menue
it opens like in android
OPEN ,Delete,Rename,copy,savenew ... this can be configured

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds