unable to manually home one Y tandem joint in GMOCCAPY

More
31 May 2020 04:12 #169476 by gutarpl
Hello,
I cannot manually home one joint out of two in axis Y (gantry mill) in GMOCCAPY. In AXIS everything works perfectly fine. I tried to comment out kinstype=BOTH like previously suggested, but then GMOCCAPY won't load at all. I am using LinuxCNC 2.9, GMOCCAPY 3.0.8.2. I searched through the net and so far could not find a solution.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2020 07:50 #169483 by rodw
You can't. Why would you want to? When V 2.8 was first released with its joint axis feature, I was an early adopter and raised the ability to home one side of a gantry as being very dangerous and damaging to the machine.

So sorry about stopping you to do what you want. 3-4 years later.

More
31 May 2020 15:48 #169528 by gutarpl
you're absolutely right. I don't want to. I am not trying to achieve that, but this is the actual outcome. What I want is to home both joint of Y axis together. Instead this is what happens: when I press Y home button only one joint is being homed, the other one remains unhomed.
In AXIS I have the ability to home each joint separately, however, in GMOCCAPY the homing is still handled in the old way - you home axes, not joints (at least that's my impression, I may be wrong). And that would be OK if both Y joints are homed by one Y home button push. However, one of the joints is left out...

More
31 May 2020 17:13 #169535 by Clive S

you're absolutely right. I don't want to. I am not trying to achieve that, but this is the actual outcome. What I want is to home both joint of Y axis together. Instead this is what happens: when I press Y home button only one joint is being homed, the other one remains unhomed.
In AXIS I have the ability to home each joint separately, however, in GMOCCAPY the homing is still handled in the old way - you home axes, not joints (at least that's my impression, I may be wrong). And that would be OK if both Y joints are homed by one Y home button push. However, one of the joints is left out...

You have to add to the ini file
HOME_SEQUENCE = -2 to both joints notice the -ve ( this with home both Y motors together)

and also add HOME_SEQUENCE = 0 to Z so that it will home first
and HOME_SEQUENCE = 1 to X so that it home second

The when it is finished homing you will see just the 3 axis on the DRO

More
31 May 2020 19:21 #169552 by gutarpl
oh, that's great, it has solved the problem. Thank you so much!
I wonder why HOME_SEQUENCE was not included in INI file right from the beginning... Well, anyway, now it works. Thank you everybody!

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds