Gmoccapy tool change/measurement modifications

More
19 Jun 2020 02:53 #172054 by blazini36
I've been usintg the tool measurement feature in gmoccapy 2.3.3.2 for a couple years now with a grounded touchplate and that worked fine because It was ~2" in diameter and I had magnets in the bottom od it so I could just bump it around a bit for something like a 3 insert facemill or another wide tool with a recessed center. I'm now using an optical toolsetter and the face is smaller and it is bolted to the table. I'm wondering if there is a way to give different XY locations for individual tools so they can be offset to the toolsetter during the measurement.

The toolsetter also has an airblast nozzle to clear chips. I know I can activate the output for the solenoid in a Gcode program, but that is a pain and I will probably forget to insert it into the program everytime I output. I'm wondering if there is anyway to modify the toolchange script to activate the output pin everytime the toolmeasurement is in progress.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2020 21:14 #172103 by Mike_Eitel
1. I'm not sure but i thing there is a pin that signals probing in process. Search in the hal elements
2. You could simply readout the x and y position and if they are true switch the valve on. Maybe also below a certain hight.

More
19 Jun 2020 23:18 #172121 by blazini36

1. I'm not sure but i thing there is a pin that signals probing in process. Search in the hal elements
2. You could simply readout the x and y position and if they are true switch the valve on. Maybe also below a certain hight.

1 is a decent idea. motion.motion-type has an s32 output value of 5 when probing is active. only problem is that after the first touch, the motion-type changes to 1, then back to 5 for the 2nd probe touch. Surprisingly I can't find a simple component to take the s32 input value of 5 and output a bit when it is 5. Comp(arator) would be ideal but it uses float inputs so I'd have to use the conversion components which I don't really like to do.

I don't like the fact that motion-type changes from 5 to 1 then back to 5 for probing, it would cause the solenoid to toggle on and off an extra time. I could use debounce or a delay component to ensure that it ignores the motion type change momentarily. I could have a friend write a simple component if no one has a suggestion to output a bit based on a defined s32 integer. could also make it a specific touchprobe component and have it ignore the motion type change with logic or a delay.

2, not thrilled about that idea. I'd have to use 2 comparators and an AND component to do that. the first idea is better and I may do that but ideally this would be part of the probe script.

As far as offsetting a tool on probing, there's really no good way to do it in hal if any. I can come up with a convoluted slew of components to offset the position-request based on if probing is active and pass an incremental move to halui based on if motion-type=probing and the toolnumber to be offset. This would be far cleaner in the script, and even added to the UI. I could create the UI panel, but I couldn't write the mods to the probe script without help.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds