Keystroke Set Axis Zero and some...

More
20 Jun 2020 07:10 - 20 Jun 2020 07:11 #172143 by yeti86
Good Day

Again i am at a roadblock and need some hints :huh:

I don’t got Limit Switches (yet, i don't know which one i should use), and do manual everything right now.
I like to set a keystroke combination like ALT+Z or something, to set the Home position of either the machine or a offset to zero (depending on modifier key or key combo like ALT + 1 + Z or something. Even just to replace the inbuild manual homing would be a help.)

I figure, I do so with HAL and PY, I got some materials and can figure out how to implement this until I get to which HAL command to use for it. The documentation does not seam to have that.
Does a native command exist, or do I do this over MDI callup with gcode? How?

Then I also got the issue that when homing Z, first time it works, Z is 0. After that, if I do it again (tool change) it is not 0, but whatever I do, it’s like -0.511 or something, and I have to G0Z0 and then lower the quill to be absolute 0.

I'm sorry if i ask something obvious, but i couldn't find it in the HAL docs, nor in the Gcode Docs or the Main Manual....

I appreciate some insides to my situation from you
Thank you
Last edit: 20 Jun 2020 07:11 by yeti86.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2020 14:55 #172348 by tommylight
Read this when you posted it, read it again now, i really do not get it what homing are you talking about since the normal homing uses the "home" button on the keyboard, so why would you need a combination of keys to achieve that ?
Sorry but i am missing something there.
As for Z axis, there must be some kind of offset active to cause that, tool offset, G54 or G55 or the rest of them, etc.
On the homing front there is also touch off that uses the end key on the keyboard.

More
22 Jun 2020 20:01 - 22 Jun 2020 20:04 #172384 by yeti86
Hi!

Well the key "Home" on my keyboard does nothing in GMOCCAPY, the Linuxcnc Manual refers only to the "Axis quick reference", as the "Table 4.1 Most Common Keyboard Shortcuts" does not list a home button. Search for "Home" in the GMOCCAPY manual also did not yield success. I found the config, for the touch button's that can be used to home all sequence, home x y z and unhome, but i don't want touch, i want a tactile button i can press or a key on the keyboard is fine too.

However, if i try the key "Home" on my keyboard, nothing happens, also CTRL&Home does not have any effect, the log in the terminal only states, that the key has not been implemented yet.

So i don't know how you can press a button on the keyboard, and then it zero's out the DRO, or let's say, homes the axis or all the axis.

I would like to be able to do exactly that, for setup of the part, and later to adjust the tools of course.

Maybe it is because i use 2.7 and not 2.8?
Where can i see offsets that influences the change of steps, one i home over the touch buttons?
Every time when i home, the Z moves a few increments... that is a big pain :-)

(To be clear, i don't have home switches or limit switches, i want to press a button and it sets the coordinate system 0, i call that zeroing out, when i use a haimer to setup fixtures, parts or offsets, it would also be neat to be able to re-zero the machine coordinate system without to having to cycle linuxcnc)
Last edit: 22 Jun 2020 20:04 by yeti86.

More
22 Jun 2020 20:05 #172386 by tommylight
I knew i was missing something, i do not use Gmoccapy. :whistle:

More
22 Jun 2020 20:11 #172388 by yeti86
well, maybe you can tell me where i can start looking for the said offset for the z axis? i have not specified anything in the tool offset, never touched it.

so where does this .5mm movements comes from when i press the touch z home button xD

or maybe you got a suggestion which interface i should use in conjunction with a touch screen that is better suited.

axis is a bit.... cluncky? (sorry)

More
22 Jun 2020 20:16 #172389 by yeti86
gonna try qtdragon

More
23 Jun 2020 04:48 - 23 Jun 2020 04:52 #172421 by newbynobi
You can use the GUI Button "home all" to home all your joints. Just configure all home entries in your INI to the correct values. For the correct entries please read the official documentation "INI settings / homing section"

Norbert
(Out of home)

To check the Z axis offset, please open your config folder, while GUI is closed, delete the *var file and the position.txt file if such a file exist, start the GUI and check if the offsets is gone.

All your hints seems not to be related to gmoccapy, it's just a very very very strange way to operate a machine ;-)
Last edit: 23 Jun 2020 04:52 by newbynobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds