Preview Tab

More
14 Aug 2020 12:05 #178179 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic Preview Tab
@rodw,

There is no layout done yet, so just say what design you need, and I will try to implement your wishes.
What tabs to you need to switch through?

I only need to push Manual;MDI or Auto Button.
Or dou you think the need to select home, than home all, or tool, than change tool, or what ever?

Details, details, details please, so I have something to think about ;-)

Norbert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2020 15:08 #178189 by Mike_Eitel
Replied by Mike_Eitel on topic Preview Tab
Hi Norbert
I would love to see:

1. Tchefters probe screen completely integrated with auto probe tool length adaptation.
2. NativeCam

All in one / nothing to stich togeather by myself
;-) im lazy ;-)
Mike

More
15 Aug 2020 04:11 #178230 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Preview Tab

@rodw,

There is no layout done yet, so just say what design you need, and I will try to implement your wishes.
What tabs to you need to switch through?

Norbert

on a Plasma machine with a 1080 p touch screen. My startup sequence goes, start Linuxcnc, then home all.
I also use a pendant that is hard wired in. It has a safety feature that means you must press and hold a yellow button before you can jog.
Pressing the yellow button triggers a relay that enables the jog screen so you do not need to go back to the GUI to select it (using halui)
I have a Gmoccappy macro button that moves the torch to the X,Y laser position and touches off to X=0,Y=0.

So power on and home all are at opposite corners of the screen and you must also open the home menu to home all. They are too far away. We just need to power on and home all so buttons should be close together.

So I jog with pendant to place laser cross hairs on the touch off position and the jog tab is selected. Then I have to change tabs to hit my touch off macro button. Then I have to select the load program tab so I can load a gcode file.

Then the file display is not searchable and I cannot list the files in a single list with the file name in list format. Sometimes it is hard to find the file I want to load.

SO to me, the whole process is very long winded turn the machine on, home it, jog to the start position and touch off, find a file and load it and then start cutting.

There is more screen space available today so the GUI needs to be much flatter so there is no need to change tabs.

More
15 Aug 2020 05:37 #178233 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Preview Tab
Can you sketch a drawing of what you think you'd like?
The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

More
15 Aug 2020 05:42 #178234 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Preview Tab
Norbert, just call it G-moccapy

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds