switching from axis to gmoccapy

More
30 Jul 2020 02:28 #176452 by ericg
I am endeavouring to switch to gmoccapy and all I have done so far is to change to display = gmoccapy and run linuxcnc.
The program starting and briefly flashes up a screen then stops and gives the debug info, (included), I am not sure why I get the error message at line 174 and not sure how to overcome it either,

Any help appreciated as always

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2020 03:33 #176455 by rodw
Try running linuxcnc from the command line and watch for errors reported in the console

More
30 Jul 2020 03:49 #176458 by ericg
Thanks Rodw, will give it a go, but I did read that perhaps debian 10 (buster) may be too new and perhaps I also don't have all the dependancies, not sure.
I have other niggling issues still with rebuilding my files so it's not a priority for me just a wish.

More
30 Jul 2020 03:55 #176460 by ericg
this is part of the script I get running from the command line...

(gmoccapy:10804): GtkSourceView-CRITICAL **: 13:53:33.153: gtk_source_language_manager_set_search_path: assertion 'lm->priv->ids == NULL' failed
**** GMOCCAPY GETINIINFO ****
Wrong entry [DISPLAY] CYCLE_TIME in INI File!
Will use gmoccapy default 150
**** GMOCCAPY INFO : inifile = /home/eric/linuxcnc/configs/Mesa5i25-G540_Gantry/Mesa5i25-G540_Gantry.ini ****:
**** GMOCCAPY INFO : postgui halfile = postgui_call_list.hal ****:
pyvcp_options.hal:7: Pin 'pyvcp.spindle-speed' does not exist
Shutting down and cleaning up LinuxCNC...
Running HAL shutdown script

More
30 Jul 2020 04:56 #176463 by rodw
I think that hal file and pin has nothing to do with gmocappy or axis. You could comment out the pin so it loads and work out from there but more likely the hal file is redundant so alternatively, comment it out in your ini file. You will need to do a bit of sleuthing. Its years since I swapped over like this.

More
30 Jul 2020 05:27 #176467 by ericg
Thanks Rodw, I commented out all lines relating to pyvcp 2 in custom_postgui.hal and 2 in pyvcp_options.hal and now it works , thanks. I now have lost any spindle motor feedback in axis but I'm having difficulty getting the actual speed and the pyvcp shown speed to correlate. But as gmoccapy is now working maybe i should concentrate on getting that all correct..
Now here is a question, I just went through the gmoccapy screen and do not find a way to load a gcode file, no menu list or reload or anything, is it hidden/missing, have I missed something?

More
30 Jul 2020 05:32 #176469 by ericg
thinking about it, there was messages to say loads of files were not found, do I have to download a lot of support files?

More
30 Jul 2020 05:37 #176471 by rodw
Its on an other tab via a push button on the right side. Different modes have different buttons. It could be something is broken and the buttons are not displaying

More
30 Jul 2020 05:40 #176473 by ericg
Yes I see the user tabs button but it's greyed out, so I must be missing a lot of files, so where do I find them?

More
30 Jul 2020 05:55 #176477 by cmorley
Seems your AXIS config had PyVCP panels added to it.
no other screen can embed PyVCP so the panels are not made , so the pins are not made, so the postgui fails.
Remove all reference to hal pins that start with pyvcp.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.396 seconds