how to get control panel jog buttons for X Y Z working in gmoccapy

More
24 Sep 2020 21:40 #183629 by BeagleBrainz
Did you have a look at the 2 threads I linked to earlier regarding step & direction for spindle control ?

As far as I'm aware there is no simple way to get a physical button to replicate a keyboard key via standard HAL.
The only real way to have a a button on a control panel the replicate the ENTER key would to either be by hacking a USB keyboard or to program an Arduino to act as a USB keyboard. Either way it is not such a simple endeavour.
Interfacing a potentiomiter would require a way or converting the analogue voltage to a digital value. To use a 12 position switch would require the use of 4 spare inputs and using a bunch of diodes.
It could also be done via using a Arduino to convert the analogue voltage and send the computed digital signal via a use of a serial port, either a real serial port or USB to serial converter.
Or a flash ADC could be used but the resolution of the digital value would be limited to the amount of available digital inputs.
Or a joystick could be hacked.
This article may have some useful info in regards to using an arduino for extra digital inputs & analogue inputs.
emergent.unpythonic.net/01198594294
Browsing the wiki may give you some other ideas.
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2020 22:21 #183636 by depronman
Hi BeagleBrainz,
Yes I had previously looked at the two threads that you linked two earlier
I tried to make modifiacations to my ini and hal files in line with the posts, but kept getting LCNC failure to start error.

I do need to have another go at this, I got distracted because I was trying to get the jog buttons working and the cycle start, stop, single, feed hold buttons working - too many different problems trying to be solved at the same time

With help from Norbert I have not got the jog buttons working correctly and had already got the cycle start, stop, step, feef hold buttons working

I will have a ready of the links you provided - thanks
I guess its not as simple a job as I thought to get jog feed control, is it easier to have a button control the selection of rabbit and turtle, this may be a suitable compromise for the time being ?

So I am now 100% concentrating on the spindle speed control
I will have a another go at following the links you advised of a couple of days ago and report back with the error I was getting

cheers Paul

More
24 Sep 2020 23:19 #183645 by BeagleBrainz
When Linuxcnc throws an error the window that pops up ahs a button to create an error report. Press that and you can read through the error logs, they are pretty verbose.

And have a look here:
forum.linuxcnc.org/51-ot-posts/40089-a-r...t-have-issues#182905

More
27 Sep 2020 23:23 #184078 by depronman
Hi all
Lots of good progress made over the last few days
I now have working jog panel buttons and cycle start,pause, step, stop buttons

I also have the spindle stop/start and speed controlled via step/direction
The two earlier threads posted gave me the general idea, but I think the syntax in LCNC as changed over time and this had me confused and frustrated for a couple of days

I have also, after some reading, got a wireless pendant working, the xhc-hb04, the 18 button version.
Most of the pendant buttons are working, but I have had to comment out the cycle start, pause, step, stop panel buttons as the HAL for the pendant would stop loading complaining about the pin already being used. Is there a way to have BOTH the pendant button AND the physical control panel button working at the same time i.e. so I can cycle start from either the pendant or the control panel ???
Any help on this greatly appreciated

Also, is there a way to assign the keyboard 'enter key' to one of the 'macro' buttons on the pendant, so use to confirm the tool change on a manual tool change ???

More
27 Sep 2020 23:26 #184079 by depronman
xhc-hb04-cfg file failed to upload, so I have added .txt to the end, this will need to be removed
Attachments:

More
28 Sep 2020 02:35 - 28 Sep 2020 03:06 #184090 by BeagleBrainz
Last edit: 28 Sep 2020 03:06 by BeagleBrainz.

More
28 Sep 2020 06:16 #184111 by depronman
Sorry BB not sure what you mean

all the best. Paul

More
28 Sep 2020 06:20 #184112 by BeagleBrainz
I wrote an answer and after rereading it it was all wrong.

Have you thought about using or2 comp for the panel\pendant problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: depronman

More
29 Sep 2020 16:07 #184306 by newbynobi
Sorry to inform you, that actually there is no possibility to use a physical button to simulate the enter key. I think it is a good idea, but I am short in time to include such a feature. Unfortunately it is not as easy as introducing the Hal pin. This is due to the dfact, that the dialog is created on the fly, so the Hal pin would not be created until the Message pops up. So the Hal connections will not be available at start up of the GUI.

I will put this one on my to do list.

Norbert

More
29 Sep 2020 18:36 - 30 Sep 2020 18:30 #184320 by depronman
Hi Norbert
That would be excellent if this can be fixed at some point in the future
Could I ask that you either post here or PM me when fixed (a big ask I know)

Loving the gmoccapy gui. It suits me far better than axis and all of LCNC blows mach3 into the shadows

Regards. Paul
Last edit: 30 Sep 2020 18:30 by depronman.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds