Stuck in Estop- I’m doing some thing dumb..

More
11 Oct 2020 01:01 - 11 Oct 2020 01:11 #185658 by JR1050
I have in the past used the Axis interface , recently I built a hard ware panel and hooked all its functions to standard halui and io control pins. It works well. I changed the GUI to gmoccapy and can’t seem to get it out of estop. Pic below. Does this GUI have its own estop pin and do gmoccapy pins take precedence or plain over run halui? Thanks.

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 Oct 2020 01:11 by JR1050.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2020 08:25 #185681 by newbynobi
Gmoccapy handles the Estop exactly like all other GUI, as that is part of the LinuxCNC not of the GUI.
IMHO hooking up the hardware panel, A pin may have changed an you may need to use the inverted Estop signal.

Estop on my machine
Estop Reset = No Estop active = Hal pin high = 24V to Mesa card
Estop = Estop activated = Hal pin low = 0V to Mesa card

You may want to watch the signal / Hal pin with hal_show to see what is going on.

If you do still think it is a gmoccapy matter, please post your complete config folder, as in that case I will go on bug research.

Norbert

More
11 Oct 2020 08:29 #185683 by rodw
I can confirm what Norbert says, I have several external estops and it all works perfect as per the linuxcnc standard with Gmoccappy

More
18 Oct 2020 18:39 #186485 by JR1050
Changing the polarity of the signal worked . Question, all of the GUI’s for lcnc lack a way to incrementally adjust a tool offset. How difficult would it be to add an incremental offset button to the tool page, idea being highlight the offset you want to change, put the value you would like to adjust it by , transfer the amount to a sub that would add the present offset and the incremental amount using G10 ? Even GE 1050 controls had this ability. Is there a way to adjust the offset with a C or python routine? I’m not suggesting a separate wear offset block, just the ability to comp an offset with out having to use a macro statement in mdi. How much info is available from the tool table ?

More
20 Oct 2020 19:36 #186732 by Todd Zuercher
I made a Glade VCP that does that with work offsets (simply buttons activating Halui MDI commands). I'd think a similar approach could work with tool offsets.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds