MPG to Gmoccapy - help

More
19 Jan 2021 12:45 #195883 by Jaro
MPG to Gmoccapy - help was created by Jaro
Good day.
as I'm still trying to find my way around linuxcnc
can anyone please help me - advise how to configure mpg wheel (100ppm) to gamoccapy.
I want to use the implemented jogging panel (range switching) for control and I have 3 hardware buttons available to select the axis.
mpg i have attached to encoder5 board 7i77.
I will be grateful for any advice
well thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2021 17:41 #195906 by newbynobi
Replied by newbynobi on topic MPG to Gmoccapy - help
Please find attached my mpg.hal file

Note:
- Mine is connected to a 7i73, whitch is connected to a 7i76E, so you will need to change hal pin names
- I use several and components, what are loaded in an other hal file, so you need to add them
- All my mpg is secured by a special button, only if that one is pressed, it will work, that is why I use the and components.

Need more help, just post.

Norbert
Attachments:

More
19 Jan 2021 17:57 #195908 by newbynobi
I cleaned up a little the file, no more security button and more comments

untested!

Norbert
Attachments:

More
19 Jan 2021 18:31 - 19 Jan 2021 18:32 #195909 by Jaro
Replied by Jaro on topic MPG to Gmoccapy - help
thank you very much Norbert.
it is clear for me and solved.
only one , you use software encoder, but i've wheel connect on high speed encoder. now i get count x4. is posible to divide this signal?
vhen i want to use soft encoder (input 16,17 on 7i77), there must be common ground with vfield. vhen i connect gnd from 5V (encoder GND) with v field GND, there is error (something like remote error 27 over current). i dont't know why, i think, jumpers are right on my desk....
one more question - is possible to change jog speed durig joigging? I've for manual use classicladder combination of momentary buttons, they simulate push axis, but i'd like to start with jog speed (from 0 to desired jog speed).

Jaro
Last edit: 19 Jan 2021 18:32 by Jaro.

More
19 Jan 2021 19:11 #195911 by newbynobi
Halo Jaro,

I do not use Software encoder! I use hm2_7i76e.0.7i73.0.1.enc0.count as input. The 100 ppr Wheel is connected directly to the mesa card using the 5 V signals.

MESA Documentation says:

ENCODER INTERFACE
The 7I77 provides six channels of quadrature encoder interface with index. Encoder
inputs can be programmed for differential or single ended encoders. The encoder interface
also provides short circuit protected 5V power to the encoders. When used with single
ended encoders, the ENCA+, ENCB+ and IDX+ signals are wired to the encoder and the
ENCA-,ENCB-, and IDX- terminal left unconnected.

So you may connect the 5 V and A and B signals directly to the port and change the counting mode with the jumpers. (If I do understand that correct, please doublecheck)

I have connected analog signal to the Feed override and jog velocity, but I have never tested if that would be possible if during jogging, as I do not use momentary switches to jog, but only the MPG. so if that does work during jogging has to be tested.

Here is my analog input hal file:
##############################################
# 7i73 hal connections for the analog inputs #
#        (c) Norbert Schechner               #
##############################################

loadrt scale  names=scale-jog-vel,scale-max-vel
addf   scale-jog-vel   servo-thread
addf   scale-max-vel   servo-thread

# the scale is calculated as 1 / 3.3, as the potentiometer is from 0 to 3.3 V
setp   scale-jog-vel.gain  0.303030303
setp   scale-max-vel.gain  0.303030303

net   jog-vel-in    hm2_7i76e.0.7i73.0.1.analogin0  =>  scale-jog-vel.in
net   jog-vel-out   scale-jog-vel.out               =>  gmoccapy.jog.jog-velocity.direct-value
setp  gmoccapy.jog.jog-velocity.analog-enable  1

net   max-vel-in    hm2_7i76e.0.7i73.0.1.analogin1  =>  scale-max-vel.in
net   max-vel-out   scale-max-vel.out               =>  gmoccapy.rapid.rapid-override.direct-value
setp  gmoccapy.rapid.rapid-override.analog-enable  1

You may use the gmoccapy.jog.jog-velocity hal pin to change jog velocity. and the halui.joint.0.plus / halui.axis.x.plus etc to connect you momentary switches, that might work.

Norbert

More
20 Jan 2021 14:04 #195993 by Jaro
norbert, thank you very much again.
my hand wheel works well now.
I tried to redo manual feeds based on "jog manual mode", but I couldn't do it there.
I just couldn't break it up
I have two more encoders available - one I would like to use on the spindle override and the other I currently have on the feed override, but I would like to use it on the jog speed while the selected +/- axis is active. I have encoders connected to the inputs for encoders 03 and 04. I liked the possibility, which was made possible by the flood of old hedenhain, in manual mode it was possible to set the direction of movement and then change the feed from scratch.
I still have a question about spindle overide. I want to use a classic vfd converter 0-10v. is it possible to get such a control voltage (trebars from AOUT5) in some way when I use an encoder and not a potentiometer?
thank you again for your willingness to help.

More
21 Jan 2021 17:15 #196112 by newbynobi
Halo Jaro,

i just checked the possibility to change jog speed while axis is moving. It is not possible! You may change the jog speed, while you are moving the axis, but the change will take no effect till you stop the axis and start again a movement.

I do not know if you can connect VFD to 7i77, You may take a look in my connection sheet of the 7i76E

7i76 connection sheet

Norbert

More
21 Jan 2021 17:35 #196119 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic MPG to Gmoccapy - help
You should check this to be sure, but pretty sure the 7i76E has a 0-10V spindle control while the 7i77 has +-10V spindle control, the rest should be the same.
Also the spindle override will work regardless of spindle drive type, when set properly.

More
23 Jan 2021 17:53 #196349 by Jaro
Thank you very much Norbert and Tommy.
VFD is ok, now - works correctly.
Norbert, last thinks about this I'd like to ask you.
I've one momentary push buttons for Rapid speed.
I wanted to use him to speed up during jogging.
however, I assume that if it is not possible to change the speed during Jog, then even this function will not use the data.
Thanks
Jaro
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
24 Jan 2021 09:15 #196387 by newbynobi
Have you tried to connect that button to turtle-jog-button?

Normly on keyboard jogging the Shift Key will do what you want, speed up jogging to max belocity. But how to connect a pysical button to react as the shift key??????

Norbert

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds