Control panel for Gmoccapy

More
12 Jun 2021 02:46 - 12 Jun 2021 02:47 #211842 by antoxa-kylibin
Hello dear users of LinuxCNC system and Gmoccapy interface. I want to share with you my idea to make an external control panel for this interface. This is how I see the design of this project. I have not yet worked out the design in detail. This is just a design for now. I would like to hear your opinion and tips on how this can be done better. I am more interested in the question of how to associate physical buttons with the GUI. I would like to do without using free GPIOs on MESA boards. I have an idea to use a Gamepad controller and a Joystick system component

P.S. I would like to say a big thank you to the author of this interface. Very cool interface turned out. I work on various industrial racks and I want to say that this interface is no worse than commercial solutions. It's true!

Best regards, Anton Simutin
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Jun 2021 02:47 by antoxa-kylibin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, daiman444

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2021 20:25 #212054 by newbynobi

More
15 Jun 2021 04:57 #212095 by antoxa-kylibin
Yes, I read this section. The fact that gmoccapy already has program contacts I understand. It is not very clear to me how to connect a physical panel at the hal level, which most likely should be an HID device with gmoccapy soft contacts. If you know how you can access the elements of HID devices, tell me how to do it. I'll be very thankful. Best regards, Simutin Anton

More
17 Jun 2021 00:17 #212242 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Control panel for Gmoccapy
I would just accept using Mesa GPIOs. Probably using a 7i73 to provide them.

It could sit in the control panel and also handle the MPG interfacing.
(consider matrix-wiring the buttons if there is not enough single-pin GPIO. )

More
15 Feb 2022 10:12 - 15 Feb 2022 10:13 #234905 by antoxa-kylibin
I found a USB HID controller option for myself, which has a sufficient number of input signals. Already tested this device, everything works. For work, I used the hal_input component.
Вот вариант решения

Slowly making control panel components

Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Feb 2022 10:13 by antoxa-kylibin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.346 seconds