Shift key to push button for jogging

More
14 Jan 2022 08:04 #231736 by Wischi
Hello,

I am currently trying to set up a control panel with push buttons for jogging. I use a arrangement of 3x3 buttons. The center button is going to be a rapid override. The same function as holding the shift key while jogging. Since there is no hal pin for this function I have searched the forum and google but couldn't find a solution.

So far I have tried changing the gmoccapy.jog.jog-velocity.direct-value to my max speed while the button is pressed and upon release restore the old value. But changing the speed while jogging didn't work.

Next thing I tried was adding a hal input to the shift input in the source of gmoccapy, but again I would have to press the button before jogging to get it to work. Or maybe I am just not skilled enough with phyton to do it correctly.

The last resort would be a modified keyboard, but I think this would be kind of cheating, it should be possible with software only (I hope).

I appreciate any ideas on how this could be done.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2022 10:59 #231742 by newbynobi
Rapid Override and jog with shift key are differnt cases.
IMHO while jogging and then pressing the shift key did never lead to faster jogging.

Have you tried that with your normal keyboard?

Norbert

More
14 Jan 2022 13:27 #231755 by Wischi
Maybe I got the wrong name, lets say velocity override instead of rapid override. When I try it with my normal keyboard the velocity changes from number set at the slider to the max velocity set in the ini.

More
14 Jan 2022 23:20 #231817 by cmorley
The jogging process is separate layer from the limiting of rapid or feed rates.
Max velocity limiting doesn't even affect jogging speed usually (it may in Gmoccapy)

The shift key works by setting the internal Gmoccapy jog speed variable higher, so that when the jog key is pressed it either uses the normal jog speed or the highest jog speed.

Linuxcnc it's self doesn't keep any global variable of jog speed - every UI keeps it's own.

So to get this to work as you wish requires access to Gmoccapy's internal data or
use separate jogging code say using gladevcp panel or use a keyboard stroke emulator or use a separate keyboard.

Chris

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds