+ and - value feature

More
26 Jul 2022 19:47 #248363 by MichalHK
Hi,

I came from Fanuc systems into Linuxcnc. Fanuc have one nice feature. Have buttons  colled +Value and -Value.
It means If you need increment/decrement any value you simple write value and press +-Value. Simple, easy.
Powerful if you want change tool height at tool table or origin at Z axis.

Is it possible done same buttons in gmaccapy?

I have little problem if I want change offset at offset page. I must calculate right value and then insert it into table. It works but its not comfortable and its chance that I do mistake in calculation of course 

Thanks Michal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2022 20:16 #248365 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic + and - value feature
I can't say for sure in Gmaccapy (I don't use it.) But in most entry boxes in Linuxcnc basic math functions are accepted. So if you type +nnn on the end of what is already there it will add it.

More
27 Jul 2022 13:08 #248416 by HansU
Replied by HansU on topic + and - value feature
Which entry boxes do you have in mind?
I can imagine it could be useful for the offsetpage and tool table.
In the touch off dialog you have a calculator for that.
The questions I have in mind: Where should these buttons are placed? What should the step size be (assume having a value 1.000 - should it be incremented by 0.001 or by 1 or ... ) ?

More
27 Jul 2022 17:10 #248435 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic + and - value feature
In Fanuc you must type in the amount you want added to the value (and you include a - sign to subtract.) then press the "+input" button. It isn't a selected increment like incremental jogging. Then there is also an input button that you can press to replace the value with what you typed instead of adding to it.

More
30 Jul 2022 17:37 #248683 by MichalHK
Replied by MichalHK on topic + and - value feature
Yes, Im talking about offsetpage and tool table, but in my case tool table isnt necessary, I have tool probe. I checked mathematic function as Todd talking about, but it doesnt work. Original value was for example 100 so I write into offsetpage 100+10. This is not accept. Original value was placed, insteed 110.

So I suggest if its possible.
At offset page at horizontal buttons add another called "+input"
If I hit "+input" new simple window popup. In window will be row for new value, two buttons Accept/Cancel.
I simple write value and click accept. Than new value was calculated into offsetpage/tool table.
Mathematic is simple original value+input value.

Is it realistic? For me its simple/effecient method.

More
30 Jul 2022 21:26 #248694 by HansU
We can let the calculator (which is also used for the touch off value) pop up, so you can do some calculations there.
What do you think of that?

I think we can implement the possibility to enter simple calculations like 100+10 directly in the table as well.

More
08 Aug 2022 09:37 #249332 by MichalHK
Replied by MichalHK on topic + and - value feature
I suggest solution with calculator if its possible....

More
04 Sep 2022 18:16 #251179 by HansU
I dug a bit into this topic today.
And I am not really sure if it is possible like I thought. Because it seems you can't really select a single cell. I mean you can, but then you are already editing this.
First I forgot that we want a button for that, and I implemented it in a way that the calculator pops up when you just click a cell for editing :D
However, I am not very familiar with the Gtk.TreeView model and it seems quite complex for me.
So don't expect a solution in the near future. Maybe some time if I have much time over ;-)

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds