Gmoccapy DRO POSITION_FEEDBACK = COMMANDED / ACTUAL

More
14 Dec 2023 14:39 - 14 Dec 2023 14:45 #288128 by HalaszAttila
Hello, 
I installed the newest release of Linuxcnc (v2.9.1 with Gmoccapy GUI). On the machine are +/-10V analog drives with incremental encoder feedback. 
This version of LinuxCNC has no effect of the INI parameter: POSITION_FEEDBACK = COMMANDED / ACTUAL. 
Because of the analog drives and PID regulation, the actual value constantly jumps a little, and it is very annoying, therefore on every machine i use COMMANDED value for this parameter. But in this version, the DRO showing the ACTUAL postion, independently of the value of mentioned parameter. 
Is there any solution for this?  
Last edit: 14 Dec 2023 14:45 by HalaszAttila.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2023 21:55 #288441 by bkt
Hi Attila .... Romans friends .... if you try to unconnect power from motor with encoder powered .... for sure you can check if you are in right or not ....

regards

More
18 Dec 2023 04:52 #288459 by cmorley
The gladevcp widget that gmoccapy uses only displays the actual feedback position.

More
18 Dec 2023 06:35 #288464 by HalaszAttila
Hmm, on the previous version of LinuxCNC/gmoccapy the POSITION_FEEDBACK parameter works as it needs to (i mean the RED/GREEN DRO on the right upper corner). I can change between COMMANDED and ACTUAL show of the position.
In the newest version the value of the parameter has no affect.
Was it intentionally changed? Would be good to be like on preveous version.

More
18 Dec 2023 08:35 #288473 by cmorley
Looks like it was changed between 2.9 and 2.9. I didn't find that actual commit.
It was changed to use a library for position calculation - that library doesn't currently support commanded position.

More
19 Dec 2023 05:32 #288545 by bkt
these because qt interaction? Ask because seems I have the same problem with my custom app. For me is not a problem so never check on these before these post.

regards

More
19 Dec 2023 08:04 #288558 by cmorley
Nothing to do with Qt.
But both use the GStat library. GStat only checks the actual position.

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds