Keyboard shortcuts

More
08 Jan 2024 15:25 #290225 by john11668
Keyboard shortcuts was created by john11668
Hi  folks 
I hope I am asking  in the correct forum . 
I have a question about keyboard shortcuts which I wish to use  in operating a Mirac lathe  .  I am working with Gmocappy GUI  in Debian 2.8.4

The wiki gives a page of common shortcuts       LinuxCNC Documentation Wiki: Keyboard Shortcuts
I find that while a number of these  are  working with my keyboard (out of the box)  I am sadly finding that a number of my preferred ones do not .

I am looking to construct a panel  with momentary buttons  replicating  a selected number of  key presses . 
Of the dozen or so that I have selected I find that the following are not working.   F4, F8, F9, and a/A
Page Up/down do not jog my z axis , (although  up/down arrows do perform that function.)

Continuing down the wiki page it gives key binding instructions. Do I need to add these instructions into my files, and if so which file?
Do I need to add them all  ( there is a possibility that I may want to add buttons )  or do I just need to add the pertinent ones for now?

Thanks !
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2024 21:52 #290397 by john11668
Replied by john11668 on topic Keyboard shortcuts
Anyone???

More
10 Jan 2024 22:00 #290399 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Keyboard shortcuts
Moved to "GmoccaPy" section.

More
11 Jan 2024 13:58 #290427 by HansU
Replied by HansU on topic Keyboard shortcuts
You can use hal_input (linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man1/hal_input.1.html)  and connect your keyboard buttons in hal.

Or you can modify the gmoccapy source file and add keys under
   def on_key_event(self, widget, event, signal):

Moderators: newbynobiHansU
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds