NativeCAM Blocks of Code as Callable Subroutines

More
27 Mar 2018 20:27 #107998 by yeltrow
I love nativecam. One thing that would make me love it even more, would be if I could "call" a code group so I could do something like change work offsets and run a chunk of the program again. It appears that the gcode that is currently generated by nativecam has conditionals for enabling a block of code, and that those prevent one from being able to use call to kick off that block of code again. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can take groups and treat them like a callable routine? I have a nice program that I would like to automatically run in several different locations on a fixture.
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2018 21:15 #108573 by FernV

... if I could "call" a code group so I could do something like change work offsets and run a chunk of the program again. It appears that the gcode that is currently generated by nativecam has conditionals for enabling a block of code, and that those prevent one from being able to use call to kick off that block of code again. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can take groups and treat them like a callable routine? I have a nice program that I would like to automatically run in several different locations on a fixture.

Hi,

Rectangle array can repeat your code after offsetting but it is limited to even X or Y spacing. If you want different spacing, use 'Offset/Rotate' group and add your code then duplicate the group as many time as needed. De-activate when not needed.

Experiment with Groups

Regards
Fern

P.S. Sorry I could not answer before, I was out of country.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds