Tormach PathPilot lathe tool setup GUI

More
22 Dec 2015 20:50 - 22 Dec 2015 20:53 #67246 by Muzzer
Just for reference, the DVD is actually a disk image, not an install / setup disk. It's an image of the installation, made with r-image. To create an installation, you need a fresh HDD/SSD. I haven't done it myself but I understand it can be done.

And I might be wrong but it doesn't seem to appreciate being transferred to a USB Flash Drive (UFD) - needs to be burned to a bootable DVD.
Last edit: 22 Dec 2015 20:53 by Muzzer. Reason: Missed a bit

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Dec 2015 21:55 #67247 by lincamx
you are on the $$$$, This has been my experience.

Just for reference, the DVD is actually a disk image, not an install / setup disk. It's an image of the installation, made with r-image. To create an installation, you need a fresh HDD/SSD. I haven't done it myself but I understand it can be done.

And I might be wrong but it doesn't seem to appreciate being transferred to a USB Flash Drive (UFD) - needs to be burned to a bootable DVD.

More
23 Dec 2015 10:05 #67261 by cncbasher
using r-image works fine

More
03 Dec 2021 05:50 #228259 by nkp
they charge $10 for the code and $28 for posting the cd

do they have something similar now?

More
13 Dec 2021 15:00 #229010 by gerritv
You should probably contact Tormach directly, where you will be told that yes indeed that is 'still the way' :-)
The install USB is likely extra. You don't need the source code to modify the GUI, for that you only need the install disk.

More
04 Jan 2022 05:06 #230716 by smgvbest
Which version of PP are you talking about
V2 is on a USB Stick for 24.95
Source code is $10 shipped.

Source code is just PP source, it will not build PP for you. you need to get LinuxCNC. add RT Kernel etc to get a working version from source.

I found it easier to do get the USB stick and source then install both to make a dev machine that I run on-top of VMware. PP doesn't support VMware but a simple change fixes that. it just makes sure if PP is virtualized it runs in SIM mode is all

More
14 Jan 2022 17:57 #231784 by porshe
How do they buy the source code of PP v2? USB stick PP 2.3.6
I have.

More
14 Jan 2022 23:53 #231822 by smgvbest
For source code just use thier contact us page and ask for it. They’ll reply with what to do which is usually send check for $10 payable to xxxxx then they send it to you once the get it.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds