PathPilot on Parallel port

More
28 Dec 2015 12:24 #67395 by racedirector
No updates, hard drive died. Reloaded the original DVD, restored my files and had at it. Went back to Axis as I had work to do. I might have another look at PP in the coming days while I do some machine maintenance.... if I can figure the stuff out :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2015 02:06 #67429 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic PathPilot on Parallel port

Will miss the conversational stuff

Have a look at "Features" which is now included in the development version of LinuxCNC.

The following user(s) said Thank You: racedirector

More
29 Dec 2015 03:01 #67434 by racedirector
I do like Features, have been watching its development for a while.

I think I'll start a thread on what I like about and why I like PathPilot just to give some insight into a point of view of a user, it's more of an ease of use thing.

More
29 Dec 2015 11:18 #67444 by cncbasher
catch me by email , and we'll sort pathpilot ,
which dvd did you use ? a restore

More
29 Dec 2015 11:36 - 29 Dec 2015 11:36 #67445 by mariusl
Replied by mariusl on topic PathPilot on Parallel port
Why not just do it here in public :) there are others watching this thread with abated breath to see how it goes. I have had the PP dvd as well as the source dvd for some time and I am now ready to put my machines on PP. My small mill is on parport and the lathe is on 5i25.
So please help us all by posting here.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Last edit: 29 Dec 2015 11:36 by mariusl.

More
29 Dec 2015 12:14 - 29 Dec 2015 13:13 #67447 by racedirector
Thank you ma'am,will do.

The restore was from a Tormach restore disk, the one I originally used, on a new hard drive. My config files were saved off to a USB and restored to the new install.
Last edit: 29 Dec 2015 13:13 by racedirector.

More
29 Dec 2015 13:08 #67452 by cncbasher
mariusl:
it's not for the reason of not letting everyone know a How to ! , I need to know what his actual problem is
which would probably take at least 6 or 7 messages , I do this to stop a lot of crap filling up forum space ,that's not required
setting up on a pp is no big deal , keeping it there , and stopping pathpilot over writing everything is .

for example . pathpilot being a little slow at starting up , will create a situation , where the automatic update or file replace or lets re-flash the firmware in your 5i25 , to the wrong one , will happen .

so as you can see I have a few bugs to iron out , with my sledge hammer

More
29 Dec 2015 13:58 #67454 by mariusl
Replied by mariusl on topic PathPilot on Parallel port
I get the reason, no problem

I have PP starting up but there are a lot of things that will need attention in the end before it will be working for me.For instance, it would seem that the lathe is primarily programmed for a back tool post and mIne is a front post.

So I am eagerly watching to see where it goes before I do the actual switch over.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds