Difference between PP's LCNC and 2.8?

More
08 Sep 2016 10:23 #80215 by racedirector
Have just been wondering if there is much difference between Pathpilots version of LCNC and the latest 2.8 version of LCNC with regards to the trajectory planner etc is concerned?

Why I ask is because I have been thinking of sticking the path pilot interface on top of a stock LCNC as a project and don't know if it would be actually worthwhile to do so.

I did manage to kill PP the other day, 32,000+ lines of GCode locked everything up (no gui updates, CPU at 100% etc etc) that shut down my machine part way through a job.Wasn't exactly happy about that....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2016 10:32 #80216 by cncbasher
iv'e not looked , but i would have thought they are the same , as the same person did it
the other differences are the fanuc tool database etc , and dont forget redis

theirs a few other problems ( we call them creative differences )
but as Pathpilot is just the GUI it should be able to be grafted on , but the subtile changes under the hood is the main problem
a slow process of weeding them out

More
08 Sep 2016 13:06 #80219 by racedirector
Thanks Sarah

I was thinking something like a gmoccapy/PP hybrid type arrangement. I would use gmoccapy but the differences in the two are just too far apart and I am now used to the PathPilot way of doing most things. I don't really like the Ubuntu 10 part and would much rather use something like Mint or LMDE 2 underneath.

More
08 Sep 2016 14:16 #80223 by cncbasher
totally agree , i have most of it compiling under debian 8 , with a slight hickkup compiling
redis , think it's a path problem to solve , then we shall see .
The following user(s) said Thank You: racedirector

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds