Parallel port lathe working files?

More
11 Oct 2017 17:11 - 11 Oct 2017 18:06 #100218 by DaOne
Anyone have a working set of files for a parallel port lathe on pathpilot? I for the life of me can not get pathpilot working under lathe by modding the example mill files. I feel if I had a working set of files I could get my lathe up and going.
Last edit: 11 Oct 2017 18:06 by DaOne.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Oct 2017 22:02 - 11 Oct 2017 22:04 #100236 by smgvbest
Mine are not tested yet but I've been doing allot of work on modding pathpilot so mine would not be a good example anyways. I would start with the lathe files though not the mill files located in /home/operator/tmc/configs/tormach_lathe
and look at these.
postgui_tormach_lathe_5i25.hal
tormach_lathe_5i25.hal
tormach_lathe_5i25.ini

i do have a set of g0602 files from a member here but don't want to repost without their consent and these are not parallel port files either
Last edit: 11 Oct 2017 22:04 by smgvbest.

More
11 Oct 2017 22:10 #100238 by DaOne
Thank you for your response.

I have actually been playing with the sim files since the 5i25 ones crash whenever i start removing the mesa IO and adding in the parallel port info. Anything you have working on the lathe side utilizing the parallel port would be of great help.

These are the files I am playing with...

tormach_lathe_sim.hal
tormach_lathe_sim.ini
postgui_tormach_lathe_sim.hal

What are you modding on pathpilot? The GUI perhaps?

More
21 Oct 2017 21:30 #100619 by DaOne
I got it all working on my own. Now adding a MPG and modding the interface Pathpilot GUI. :) So far I am loving Pathpilot.

More
25 Oct 2017 01:28 #100773 by smgvbest
Great to hear
and yes, modding the gui. mainly the status page to provide more info
but I'm also adding a positional display if you have a encoder on your lathe to provide the angle the spindle is at. meant to help with indexing and a VFD configuration screen for the GS2 in my case. also trying to figure out one request I had to show the work offset separately. real estate is a big issue with PP's screen and I've not tackled yet adding new pages which I may do. I'd like a user customization screen for user controls.

More
25 Oct 2017 01:36 #100775 by DaOne
Another thing I would love to add to the the interface is a dro for machine coordinates. It could even be on the offsets table tab. Just would love to see that information. I am trying to add a button that is vert similar to the "collet closer" button. It will output a hall pin to set my MPG to jog X or Z . Could be 2 buttons as well. One for each. Still learning and making progress.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.320 seconds