Making Life a Little Simpler. New BOB For the Lathe.

More
16 Dec 2017 23:29 #103177 by Contract_Pilot
Yea, I am done fighting it on my lathe... I was some how able to obtain a Tormach Lathe Breakout Board!

In theory I should be able to just edit the INI file to my hardware and limit specs and be done making the updates rather painless.

Tormach Seems to be using the PIC16F1947 to handle the limit switches and tool change and a few other functions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2017 05:50 #103186 by DaOne
But now you will be limited to all the problems the slant has. I have to ask... what did that run you and how did you get them to sell you one?

More
17 Dec 2017 05:52 #103187 by DaOne
Also it looks like they will be using an ethernet version soon based on what I see in PP2.0.

More
17 Dec 2017 07:23 #103191 by Contract_Pilot
Yes, I seen the 7I92 files also in PP 2.0 and I cannot tell ya how i got the board I obtained it that's all I can say.

Not sure what issues the slant has other than not enough z axis?

More
17 Dec 2017 08:35 #103193 by DaOne
Well you are limited to steppers, tool changer is good for their design and wont really translate over well. Limits / home are on the same pin (no encoders including index home). Debounce required due to electrical noise issues. Just a few off the top of my head. Then if you wanna add stuff like a real cycle start button and feed hold and maybe a MPG you are still modding the files anyways.

I fully understand why you can't say ;). Could you tell me what it cost ya?

More
17 Dec 2017 23:56 - 17 Dec 2017 23:56 #103261 by smgvbest
I'm curious about those questions also but understand you're limited to what you can share. especially publicly.

While it's true the PP board does limit you in many ways if the functionality of a slant-pro is what you need then I don't see any issue on making the move to PP easier this way. I'm still planning a clone board for the PP controller. i'd like to do it as a combo, mill/lathe board. but upfront, with my ADS i skip between projects allot so the tend to take some time. plus I plan ti implement in a FPGA or maybe just a CLPD mainly because I'm learning them. so seems like a good project.
Last edit: 17 Dec 2017 23:56 by smgvbest.

More
18 Dec 2017 02:06 #103265 by DaOne
Sign me up as a beta tester for your board smgvbest :)

More
18 Dec 2017 05:12 #103269 by smgvbest

Sign me up as a beta tester for your board smgvbest :)

Will do,
I have a few basic requirements for the board
1. Must be plugin compatible with the Tormach board (ie functionally equivalent)
2. Must support both Lathe/Mill (user selectable)
3. Must be re-programmable. (want it to be customizable)
4. Must support the Mesa or any Parallel port connection.

Aiming for a CLPD/FPGA Board (Xilinx based, like the IDE better than Altera). why, because I want to learn them better.

We'll see what happens, hopefully soon here i'll be moving my changes to PP over to 2.0. we'll see

More
13 Jan 2018 10:26 #104388 by Contract_Pilot
Right now I am on big pharma due to surgery (cut my bacon) prob another 2 or 3 weeks and I cannot think well/clear enough on on the VFD crossover wiring ie going from the Emerson SK to the WJ200.

I made a Post on my blog Prior to going to the meat mechanic, But I will ask here. Maybe get someone to lend a helping hand. I do get a few hours of somewhat of a clear head and could prob get it wired and some programmign done and tested. Otherwise I am at another stand still for a few more weeks.

Any help would be grateful.

Terminals
http:]

BOB to Emerson VFD

WJ200

More
14 Jan 2018 09:38 - 14 Jan 2018 10:05 #104420 by Contract_Pilot
smgvbest did you get my private e-mail i sent you? With this This Link ? Xilinx most users can do with a basic JTAG and an LPT Port.

I have.. a Couple J-Tag Readers + PIC.. Only reason i keep an old P4 pc with a LPT port around.

I am not going to try an plug in to J8 dump the 16F1947 on the t-bob till I get it up 100% and if it is not read protected not sure if I would release the code as I have significant time and monetary investment in this board and obtaining it.

+ Cannot find the power supply for the PIC reader had to jump it form a ATX power supply for the photos.
Last edit: 14 Jan 2018 10:05 by Contract_Pilot.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds