Anyone built a new system for PP lately?

More
03 Jul 2019 15:34 #138534 by Derek240
Curious if anyone has assembled a working system lately that is up and running the latest PathPilot. Looking to buy new motherboard and CPU and was hoping to follow a road already traveled.

Thanks
Derek

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2019 15:51 #138536 by pl7i92
for most here PP is a non up to date system
and it is a internal closd system
only a view here are on it
AS THE COMMUNITY likes to have full controll to there system
and also full HELP from a community even real time on CHAT
or real person as it is a world wide community

you might be better up with the modern technologie as of ethernet CNC
without a paid one
also selfbuilding and knowing your system is the benefit yopu get

More
03 Jul 2019 16:26 #138540 by smgvbest

for most here PP is a non up to date system
and it is a internal closd system
only a view here are on it
AS THE COMMUNITY likes to have full controll to there system
and also full HELP from a community even real time on CHAT
or real person as it is a world wide community

you might be better up with the modern technologie as of ethernet CNC
without a paid one
also selfbuilding and knowing your system is the benefit yopu get

I was going to PM this but since it's a pain to do so here so I am posting here.

Why do you keep attacking Pathpilot (Yes, I see your comments as an attack against this forum and it's users), please stop doing this. If you dont' like it why bother accessing this forum.

Several of your statements above are flat out false.
PP will run on any hardware LinuxCNC will. PP is a gui, regardless of what anyone else says.
Tormach decided for their business what maters to their machines. PP was not meant as a general replacement gui for all users
it is for Tormach machines. those of us who like it over alternatives should be free to use it without feeling like and are willing to invest our time in setting up should not feel like outcast because we do.

I am running both on a "Modern PC" (what does that mean exactly). by definition a modern PC is only modern until it leave the drawing board, once in production it's already obsolete by Modern standards.

so please, you're welcome to comment and provide constructive assistance, but please stop the comments that we should be using other gui's due to your dislike of pathpilot.

Also, Tormach has tried to submit changes to the community and are still waiting on those to be accepted or reject (based on comments made to me). maybe it's the community that's the issue not Tormach. Just an observation is all. ;)

respectfully
Sandra
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

More
03 Jul 2019 18:12 #138556 by smgvbest

Curious if anyone has assembled a working system lately that is up and running the latest PathPilot. Looking to buy new motherboard and CPU and was hoping to follow a road already traveled.

Thanks
Derek

Derek,
To answer your question other than people asking questions such as this most have not disclosed what they actually build.
I have installed PP on many different systems, from same hardware as tormach uses to laptops including a HP Envy I7 i currently use. I run it as a vmware guest there for dev work. no issues.

I don't know you'll get an direct answer to your question. I tend to use ASUS or MSI MB, There was a comment that PP had trouble with one chipset but that was a V1 issue.

the only thing you could possibly need to do is address network or display drivers for specific hardware
you do need to enable EFI boot to install from the USB drive.

i know it's not much help but hopefully some

More
03 Jul 2019 18:56 #138562 by Derek240
Thanks

i know it's not much help but hopefully some

Actually every kernel ( I crack myself up) of info I get helps. I'm switching systems on a retrofit that is a running machine that produces income. I'm hoping to come up with a combo that works and then I'll buy a spare. Having the machine down for even a day is way more than the price of a spare MB and CPU.

Right now I'm looking at this MB www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-H370M-PLUS/
And this CPU www.amazon.com/Intel-Pentium-Desktop-Pro...s=electronics&sr=1-3

Thanks again for the help.

More
03 Jul 2019 20:47 #138567 by smgvbest
You go right ahead, seek every bit and byte you can get ;)
I don't think you'll have any issues with the boards,

do you have PP already running or are you planning a move to PP?

More
03 Jul 2019 21:19 #138572 by Derek240
Moving to PP. hoping to make a Mesa 7I80DB work so I can use my exiting BOBs and don't have to rewire. Peter is writing some firmware for me.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds