PathPilot running 7i80 mesa card

More
11 Aug 2019 14:47 #141914 by smgvbest
@rodw
This forum exists because users like us want to run PP which uses the LinuxCNC engine. To say a forum shouldn't exist because it's not supported, Then they why support any GUI that is not delivered with LinuxCNC, Isn't that the purpose of the User Interface forum, Oh that's right. users help those users out, its only PP that this applies too right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Clive S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2019 17:35 - 11 Aug 2019 17:40 #141922 by Vmax549
ANYONE can get a copy of PP in either source code format OR a Complete installable copy of PP ready to go on a USB drive. Teh source code format does NOT include teh copyrighted button graphics you get a generic set of button images.

IF you duplicate teh Tormach hardware it is not hard to setup and it is a nice GUI to use that for teh most part works teh same as a comercial controller. and it gets better over time.

Linux CNC could have done that many years ago but chose not to.

I worked with PP to help someone be able to change teh mesa card to another model with much more I/O so other features could be added, Encoder for rigid tapping and encoders for FRO and SSO and GPIO to run a tool changer. . The original PP ran a 5i25. the lastest uses a 7i92 and I used a 7i80 4 port model. So far so good ,it works . Would I recomend it to everyone ?? Not a chance. The learning curve was extremely steep.

This is my 50th year working around this field so I did not just fall off the cabbage truck this morning.

Yes this site could pull teh PathPilot section ANY time it wants to. The users will just move somewhere else

(;-)TP
Last edit: 11 Aug 2019 17:40 by Vmax549.

More
11 Aug 2019 20:10 #141926 by smgvbest
In the V2.0.5 source I got from tormach they did include the images. same license but they did include them

More
11 Aug 2019 20:48 #141929 by tommylight

In the V2.0.5 source I got from tormach they did include the images. same license but they did include them

Any links to that, or is it for owners only ?

More
11 Aug 2019 22:03 #141933 by smgvbest
I have it on a private github only because of the license for the images.
it's available for S&H from Tormach for $10.
But let me send them a email and see if they are ok with my making the github public. again only for the images. the rest is under opensource license.

More
11 Aug 2019 22:23 #141934 by tommylight
@smgvbest
No wories, it is just to see what the fuss is all about. I do have 1.9 stashed somewhere and i never used it.
I still use Axis Gui on all machines, i like the simplicity of it and i just add whatever i need to it.
Thank you.
Regards,
Tom.

More
11 Aug 2019 22:27 #141936 by smgvbest
I sent them a question anyways, if they're ok i'll make my GitHub public
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, Clive S

More
24 Nov 2020 00:51 #190176 by porshe
Hello, everyone. Someone can help me buy a disk with the source code pathpilot 2.0. I wrote to them by email, but the purchase procedure is not clear. I live in Hungary and I don't send them by mail.My email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Thanks everyone.

More
24 Nov 2020 02:32 #190184 by smgvbest
Their purchase procedure is send them a check for 10USD and include your shipping address and let them know its for the PapthPilot V2 source Code. they will ship you the disc.

The 10USD is to cover cost of disc and shipping.

The V2 source code disc is not everything needed to compile PP. you'll have to build the compile environment, including real time components and all libraries.
But its not hard to setup. start with a PP2.0 build and the rest is really dependencies.

More
24 Nov 2020 21:17 #190223 by porshe
@smgvbest

This is an extract from the official license agreement.
"You may obtain the complete Corresponding Source (as defined the GPL) to the Tormach Software for a period of three (3) years after Tormach is last shipment of the Tormach Software, which will be no earlier than 2017-08-01, by sending a money order or check for US$10.00 to:

GPL Compliance Division

Tormach Inc.

1071 Uniek Drive

Waunakee, WI 53597999

Please write а
Source Code for Machine Controller Software in the memo line of your payment."

The problem is that Hungarian banks do not issue checks for a long time.They need the company's current account or (IBAN) or Bank card number to make an international money transfer and issue a payment receipt,which I can already send to their post address.But I only have the company's post address.I wrote to the support service to change the payment method, but they don't want to.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds