PathPilot Startup Files???

More
29 Apr 2020 11:16 #166084 by billyjack
This is a message I posted over on CNCZONE but will little success. I should have posted here first since this is by far the most active site for Linuxcnc.
Many thanks for any advice or guidance. If there is some online guidance I can't seem to find it.
Thx agn.

Hey folks;
Hopefully a simple question for those in the know. When PathPilot starts up which startup file does it look for meaning the Tormach_1100-3_specific.ini or the Tormach_1100-3.ini. I'm attempting to upgrade my Pro controls to PP 2.0 and looking at my history files I have a Tormach_1100-3.ini file that has been modified for the Torus Pro but the latest I have found has a file that I a Tormach_1100-3_specific.ini that points to a Novakon ini file that I just added with this upgrade. I don't think I need both the 1100-3 and the specific.ini files. Any ideas???
Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2020 15:01 #166095 by Clive S
Replied by Clive S on topic PathPilot Startup Files???
As I understand it. PathPilot uses the "specific ini" to pick the machine form from the list like 440 or any of the others then it uses the "base ini" to make the "Tormach_1100-3.ini" so if you need to edit the an ini file you have to edit the base ini then the system generates the Tormach_1100-3.ini.

If you open the Tormach_1100-3.ini you will see the message "this is machine generated"

More
03 May 2020 21:03 #166541 by Dorro1971
I think thats right..

Edit the base.ini file and the specific.ini file to make changes...at least thatls how i do it....i changed the specific ini file to load a different bitfile to my mesa board, and made config changes in the base.ini.....and HAL of course...

More
04 May 2020 14:26 - 04 May 2020 14:27 #166621 by smgvbest
Replied by smgvbest on topic PathPilot Startup Files???
if you go to the pp log in ~/gcode you can view exactly how its loaded.

base->specific->hal is basic sequence

i point this out to help learn how it works instead of just answering the question. understanding how pp works is key to making it work for anyones use case.
Last edit: 04 May 2020 14:27 by smgvbest.

More
04 May 2020 14:43 #166622 by billyjack
Thanks guys;
I got it figured out and am up and running version 2.1.2 but still no tool table. I'll post over in my other tool table specific thread. Thanks again.
Learning is a process and keeps the mind working.
Bill

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds