PP 2.0 new computer install

More
29 Apr 2020 15:09 #166096 by remartinez
I would like to thank everyone in advance for helping out with this topic.

I am installing PP2.0 on a new computer GB-BXBT-1900 to run on an 1100M with an ECM1.4 board. After running the configuration picker I’m only able to pick PCNC1100. Unfortunately it will not start since the configuration is not correct as it looks for a Mesa card.

Is their a way to install the latest update of PP via terminal so that i can run the configuration picker and select the 1100M. This way it will run correctly without making any changes to PP files?

Once again thank you all!

Raul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 May 2020 12:04 #166865 by andypugh
Are you sure that any version of Pathpilot can run without a Mesa card?

It is possible that the ECM1.4 board _is_ a Mesa board, though. Watching a video on Youtube it looks to contain a Xylinx Spartan and is quite probably running the Hostmot2 firmware.

More
06 May 2020 23:05 #166899 by Dorro1971
..Could the ECM board be a rebranded Mesa?..like the Zbot tool changer board, i think
the hal file looks similar to the other mesa ones apart from more pins...

More
06 May 2020 23:10 #166902 by andypugh
No, I don't think that the ECM board is made by Mesa. The Mesa firmware is open-source, though, so anyone with an FPGA can run it.

I know at least two people who have made their own Mesa-like boards running the Mesa firmware and the normal LinuxCNC drivers.

More
06 May 2020 23:19 #166905 by Dorro1971
Thought of that myself too lol but for the price there's little point, one off multi layer pcb's are not so cheap...even from China..

I use the demo version of Xylinx for bitfiles but I haven't flashed from scratch yet...

Cheers.

More
08 May 2020 08:56 #167018 by Dorro1971
try holding down the left shift and alt at the tormach flash screen until you pc boots and the desktop appears.

when you get the desktop started, click on the green mint start button in the bottom left hand corner, go to home folder and click, find the file operator_login_running, duobke click it and select "run in terminal"

pick your machine and don't exit the error screen, now you can click on the terminal window and see what is the error...its probalbly a hal pin mismatch...

hope this helps.

More
08 May 2020 08:58 #167019 by Dorro1971
@andypugh there is ecm_v1.bit file in /home/operator/tmc/mesa/ folder....
not sure what to make of that...

More
10 May 2020 17:56 #167291 by smgvbest
the PP does not know what equipment you have. so if its not showing everything something is up. delete your ~/pathpilot.json and restart PP
see what that does
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorro1971

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds