Pathpilot and HY_VFD and/or HY_GT_VFD

More
29 Jun 2020 00:52 #173048 by BruceCharlesDesigns
I have LinuxCNC running on a PM25 conversion with HY_VFD controlling a 3kw spindle. The USB control has been flawless and I absolutely love it. I was considering taking and older PCNC1100 and converting it to use the same spindle. The mechanical design of that is going to be a fun challenge, but before I embarked I decided I would look into the HY_VFD feasibility on PathPilot 2.14. I could not find the HY_VFD files on the PathPilot installation on this machine!

So, I don't necessarily need a step by step on this one but I did want to see if anyone saw why this might be a show stopper? I can copy the files easily enough, but then I'll start down the uncharted territory of modifying the PathPilot config files to try to get it to control the HY VFD rather via USB rather than the stock VFD through the Mesa card.

I'll report my results here regardless, but if anyone can help me with pointers and advice prior to jumping in I'd appreciate it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jun 2020 01:11 #173050 by smgvbest
There is no reason it would not work. you just need a version compiled for the same version as PP.

What I did was request a source CD from Tormach. cost $10 for S&H and built a PP 2.0 VM and installed sources there. then since the source is incomplete added the needed libs and build PP. the HYVFD is there, they just don't include it

I'd recommend that route so you have all the files ever needed
I do have it built though if desired

More
29 Jun 2020 01:44 #173051 by BruceCharlesDesigns
Thanks for the feedback! Did you get it working with the HY VFD? I am so excited at the possibility now.

Moderators: cncbasher
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds